Are you destroying your personal brand using social networks? (hint: I’m not talking about those photos from last weekend).

Home Forums Leadership and Management Are you destroying your personal brand using social networks? (hint: I’m not talking about those photos from last weekend).

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Josh Folk 6 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Josh Folk
    Participant

The advent of social networking and mobile technology is making the ability to add/contribute to a conversation easier than ever before. No doubt about it – actively broadcasting yourself can help build your personal brand. However, broadcasting too frequently can be more detrimental to your brand than it is beneficial.

Follow these three steps to avoid brand confusion:

1. Conduct a Personal Brand Analysis (PBA)

See my post in the comments section here: (https://www.govloop.com/profiles/blogs/10-ways-to-reinvent-your?commentId=1154385:Comment:1100546&xg_source=msg_com_blogpost)

2. Develop a personal brand statement using your PBA

Example: “A loyal, enthusiastic professional with a passion for using technology to improve government transparency”

3. Think before you post – answer the questions “why am I posting this?” and “is this post consistant with my personal brand statement in any way?”

Unfortunately, following these steps will likely result in you deciding not to post something as exciting/funny/educational as you think it may be. But, in the end you will have maintained a clear and consistant personal brand recognizable to your target audience.

Can this also apply to organizationl branding? Absolutely! However, it applies more for the individual because communication “filtering” typcially doesn’t exist in the same way that it can for an organization.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.