Are you planning to start a side project soon?

Home Forums Careers Are you planning to start a side project soon?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dorothy Ramienski Amatucci 4 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

So, now that 2013 is in full swing, so to speak, a lot of my friends are evaluating their New Year’s resolutions and wondering if they’re actually going to be able to keep them.

This includes myself, of course.

Will I be able to effectively balance work and classes and get my thesis proposal done on time and eat properly and get to the gym and still manage to have a semblance of a social life?

Apparently, the key to getting all of this done might involve me taking on MORE work, not less.

Yeah, you read that right.

During my holiday break, I was able to catch up on a lot of my magazine reading, which included curling up with a few issues of Wired.

In the October 2012, issue, I came across Mary Choi’s column, Overworked, Overwhelmed, Overscheduled? Work More.

Basically, she makes the argument that more work, not less, could be the key to success. Taking on a side project, she notes, gives you the opportunity to use your talents and skills in ways that could ‘shake up’ your brain and make you more creative in all aspects of your life.

So, I’ve decided to take up a side project or two in addition to work and school. We’ll see how it goes … but I want to know if what Choi says is true.

What about you? Do you see any side projects in your future?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.