August 11, 2010 at 7:49 pm #107947
Andrew KrzmarzickKeymasterSounds pretty sweet…
Job Title: Human Resources Assistant (Recruitment & Placement)
Department: Department Of The Army
Agency: Office of the Commander-in-Chief of the U.S. Army Europe & Seventh Army
Job Announcement Number: EUHU10396318
$27,431.00 – $44,176.00 /year
Thursday, August 05, 2010 to Wednesday, August 11, 2010
SERIES & GRADE:
– This is a Permanent position. — Full Time
1 vacancy – OA – Kaiserslautern, Germany
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED:
US Citizens and Status Candidates
Challenge Yourself – Be an Army Civilian – Go Army!
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
Deputy Chief of Staff for Personnel G-1, Civ Human Resources(CHRA), Europe Regional Director’s Office, Office Of The Director, Kaiserslautern, Germany
About the Position: This position will be located in Kleber Kaserne in Kaiserslautern, Germany. Kaiserslautern has developed into the largest US military community outside the United States. Kaiserslautern has over 100,000 residents and an additional 50,000 personnel associated with the American Army Forces. For information regarding living and working overseas please visit our website at http://www.chra.eur.army.mil/benefits. As a result of the restructuring and restationing of U.S. Forces in Europe, Kaiserslautern has been selected as an enduring community. For more information on Kaiserslautern, the link can be accessed at http://www.kaiserslautern.army.mil/sites/about/USAGKinfo.asp
Who May Apply: Click here for more information.
- Candidates in the local commuting area in the areas of consideration below are eligible to self nominate for this position. Applicants eligible under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998 may self-nominate regardless of geographical location.
- All Federal employees serving on a career or career-conditional appointment.
- Current Army employees with competitive status (includes Army employees serving on a career or career-conditional appointment).
- Persons with Military Spouse Preference who are in the commuting area of the place of work.
- Reinstatement eligibles.
- Applicants eligible under Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA)
- Veterans eligible as 30% Disabled Veterans.
- Veterans’ Recruitment Authority (VRA).
- Employment Program for People with Disabilities eligibles.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) eligibles.
- Applicants who are eligible for Family Member appointments on Leave Without Pay (LWOP) in the commuting area of the vacancy.
- Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) eligibles.
- U. S. Citizens residing in the commuting area (except ordinary residents) who are eligible for a family member appointment.
- Eligible DCIPS employees currently under the DCIPS Interchange Agreement.
- Military spouses eligible under EO 13473.
- U.S. Citizen
Additional Duty Location Info:1 vacancy – OA – Kaiserslautern, GermanyYou will provide technical support in delegated examining recruitment and placement activities, which includes developing new vacancy announcements and applying qualification standards and ranking procedures for a wide variety for clerical and technical positions for external or internal recruitment actions. Review personnel requests to determine the nature of staffing action and source of candidates. Enter Personnel action data into the work tracking system. Write recurring and new vacancy announcements for clerical and technical positions for predetermined areas of consideration. Rate applications for external placement in positions covered by qualification standards in a wide variety for clerical and technical occupations. Determine eligibility, minimum qualifications, and veterans preference of applicants. Perform miscellaneous clerical work such as using office automation to type a variety of documents such as letters, memos, and reports; maintains files; etc.
Qualifications and Evaluations
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Click on link below to view qualification standard.
- QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
For GS-05: To qualify, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience directly related to the occupation and equivalent to the GS-04, or 4 years of higher education above high school, or a combination of experience and education. Specialized experience includes 1) a basic knowledge of civilian human resources principles, 2) experience establishing and maintaining files, 3) skill is using various office automation tools to include Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook to prepare documents, track requests for personnel actions, reports, correspondence, etc., and 4) ability to track/schedule workload and set priorities.
For GS-06: To qualify, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience directly related to the occupation and equivalent to the GS-05. Education is not creditable; however, graduate education may be credited in those few instances where the graduate education is directly related to the work of the position. Specialized experience includes 1) knowledge of civilian recruitment and placement principles, 2) skill in using HR database systems (i.e. Resumix, Vacancy Announcement Builder, etc.) to query, retrieve, and analyze information in order to complete assignments, 3) experience in developing or assisting in developing vacancy announcements, and 4) ability to track/schedule workload and set priorities.
For GS-07: To qualify, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience directly related to the occupation and equivalent to the GS-06. Education is not creditable; however, graduate education may be credited in those few instances where the graduate education is directly related to the work of the position. Specialized experience includes 1) knowledge of and skill in applying civilian human resources rules and regulations as they pertain to recruitment, 2) experience in conducting job analysis and preparing vacancy announcements, 3) skill in determining eligibility, OPM qualifications, and veterans preference to prepare referrals, and 4) ability to track/schedule workload and set priorities.
- The experience described in your resume will be evaluated and screened for the Office of Personnel Management’s basic qualifications requirements, and the skills needed to perform the duties of this position as described in this vacancy announcement.
- Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must meet the Time in Grade Restriction.
- One year of experience in the same or similar work equivalent to at least the next lower grade or level requiring application of the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the position being filled.
- Must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade (or equivalent).
- Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at – http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
- Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please include this information in your resume.
Click here for more information.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- You may claim Military Spouse Preference.
- Applicants claiming veteran’s preference must clearly show an entitlement to such preference on the resume/supplemental data submitted.
- Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in the vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:Resumes will be evaluated for basic qualifications requirements and for the skills needed to perform the duties of the position, as described in this vacancy announcement and identified by the Selecting Official for the position.
Benefits and Other Info
BENEFITS:The Department of Defense offers excellent benefits programs some of which may include:
- Comprehensive health and life insurance
- Competitive salaries
- Generous retirement programs
- Paid holidays, sick leave, and vacation time
- Flexible work environment and alternate work schedules
- Paid employment related training and education
- Possible student loan repayment
- Payment of licenses, certification, and academic degrees as applicable
- Bonuses, incentives, and awards as appropriate for the job.
OTHER INFORMATION:Click here for more information.
- To successfully claim veteran’s preference, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
- Management may select at any of the grade levels announced.
- Noncompetitive promotion potential to target grade.
- The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. The DoD policy is available onhttp://www.cpms.osd.mil/ASSETS/E8AB932EA1E44617BAC7222922E42A62/DoDI140025-V300.pdf
- In accordance with section 9902(h) of title 5, United States Code, annuitants reemployed in the Department of Defense shall receive full annuity and salary upon appointment. They shall not be eligible for retirement contributions, participation in the Thrift Savings Plan, or a supplemental or redetermined annuity for the reemployment period. Discontinued service retirement annuitants (i.e., retired under section 8336(d)(1) or 8414(b)(1)(A) of title 5, United States Code) appointed to the Department of Defense may elect to be subject to retirement provisions of the new appointment as appropriate. (See DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives.)
- U.S. citizens overseas under ordinarily resident status are not eligible for appointment under the Status of Forces Agreement.
- Pay retention may be offered to successful applicants for positions at overseas locations. For this provision to apply to employees already overseas, the selected individual would have to require a permanent change of station move and would have to be selected as a result of a recruitment effort that had been extended outside of the overseas command involved.
- Europe VRA Policy.
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program requirements as outlined in the DoD Instruction 1315.19 at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/131519p.pdf
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY:Click here for more information.
- Resumes must be received by the closing date of this announcement.
- Self-nomination must be submitted by the closing date. Applicants wishing to withdraw from consideration may contact the Central Resume Processing Center at (410) 306- 0137 or [email protected]xtp.belvoir.army.mil.
- Resume must be on file in our centralized database.
- Announcements close at 12:00am (midnight) Eastern Time.
- You must have an ACTIVE resume with the Army Centralized Resumix database before you submit your Self-nomination. If you do not have an ACTIVE resume on file, please click here to use the Army Resume Builder to create or update your resume.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- License/Certification: Obtain and maintain OPM Delegated Examining certification.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Central Resume Processing Center
Email: [email protected]
Central Resume Processing Center
314 Johnson Street
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21005-5283
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:Once this announcement closes, candidates will be evaluated using an automated system, (Resumix) which compares your skills and experience as described in your resume with the requirements of the position. If you are found to be a highly qualified candidate, you will be referred to the selecting official for further consideration. (In some cases, individuals with priority for special consideration must be considered and selected before other candidates.) Whether or not you are contacted for an interview depends upon the location of the position and the judgment of the selecting official. You can view the status of announcements that you applied for through our automated response system, ANSWER, accessed through our Civilian Personnel On-Line web page.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.