August 12, 2010 at 12:26 pm #108035
Job Title: Human Resources Assistant (Military/OA)
Department: Department Of The Army
Agency: Eighth U.S. Army
Job Announcement Number: KOFD10449958
$30,577.00 – $39,748.00 /year
Wednesday, August 11, 2010 to Wednesday, August 18, 2010
SERIES & GRADE:
– This is a Permanent position. — Full Time
1 vacancy – OP – Korea
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED:
US Citizens and Status Candidates
Challenge Yourself – Be an Army Civilian – Go Army!
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
121ST GENERAL HOSPITAL, HOSPITAL HEADQUARTERS, APO 96205Seoul, Korea
About the Position: This position is located on Yongsan Garrison in Seoul. Yongsan is the headquarters for U.S. Forces Korea, 8th U.S. Army, and Installation Management Command-Korea. There are six on-post restaurants, numerous eateries, a large PX and commissary, and the Dragon Hill Lodge Armed Forces Recreation Center. Seoul is a vibrant capital city of over 10 million people with museums, traditional markets, and modern shopping districts. The neighborhoods surrounding Yongsan Garrison are host to western-style residences and numerous international restaurants. The city’s airport is also a gateway for nonstop travel to other exciting countries such as China, Japan, Thailand and Vietnam. For more information about Yongsan Garrison and living in Seoul visit http://yongsan.korea.army.mil.
Who May Apply: Click here for more information.
- – Korea-Wide – Current employees on family member appointments (e.g., SCH A 213.3106(b)(6)) may apply and be considered as internal candidates for merit promotion purposes.
- Current Army employees with competitive status (includes Army employees serving on a career or career-conditional appointment).
- Persons with Military Spouse Preference who are in the commuting area of the place of work.
- Applicants eligible under Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA)
- Veterans eligible as 30% Disabled Veterans.
- Veterans’ Recruitment Authority (VRA).
- Employment Program for People with Disabilities eligibles.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) eligibles.
- Applicants who are eligible for Family Member appointments on Leave Without Pay (LWOP) in the commuting area of the vacancy.
- U. S. Citizens residing in the commuting area (except ordinary residents) who are eligible for a family member appointment.
- Military spouses eligible under EO 13473.
- U.S. Citizen
Additional Duty Location Info:1 vacancy – OP – KoreaPosition is responsible for ensuring data quality, analyze reports, correlate data, and provide recommendation to the command and leadership to facilitate data based decision-making. Updates additional personnel HR data such as occupational code, skill type, address, contact information as changes occur. Ensures the internal database is updated and reflects correct and current DMHRSi information. Coordinates with the respective HR Clerk who manages the Electronic Military Personnel Office (e-MILPO) system to ensure DMHRSi data accurately reflects source systems data in order to eliminate system errors and data overrides. Coordinates with eMILPO clerk on data mismatch, corrects problem records, prepares weekly reports, and validates all DMHRSi assigned data against eMILPO assigned strength, official duty position. Copy/import data into spreadsheets for analysis and data accuracy verification.
Qualifications and Evaluations
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Click on link below to view qualification standard.
- Best qualified candidates for this job must show in their resume that they have training or experience in the following areas: Knowledge of and skill in applying an extensive body of military personnel regulations, policies, procedures and precedents, and the ability to interpret and apply them to specific cases. Ability to research, select, interpret, and apply rules, regulations, procedures and guidelines to determine appropriate actions. Develop or revise regulations and policies when needed. Knowledge of military, federal, and local agencies, which provide services and benefits relating to assigned duties. Knowledge of the interrelationships of military personnel programs sufficient to properly refer management and service members for assistance and technical problem solving. Knowledge of military organizational structures, administration, protocol, regulations, procedures, and similar matters. Ability to gather, analyze and summarize facts, and develop and present findings in reports or briefings in various formats, including charts, statistical analysis, decision papers, etc. Skill in communicating orally and in writing. Skill in operating a word processor, microcomputer or computer terminal, using a standard typewriter style keyboard with additional function keys and related printing equipment. Ability to perform filing, and other general clerical and office support functions. Knowledge of military personnel database systems such as MODS, ETOPMIS, EDAS, DMHRSi and e-MILPO to input and query data. – Resumes will only be accepted from members of the Armed Forces who indicate on their resume that they are immediately appointable within 120 days of the closing date of the announcement. – Military members may be appointed while on terminal leave, before the effective date of their military retirement.
- The experience described in your resume will be evaluated and screened for the Office of Personnel Management’s basic qualifications requirements, and the skills needed to perform the duties of this position as described in this vacancy announcement.
- Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must meet the Time in Grade Restriction.
- One year of experience in the same or similar work equivalent to at least the next lower grade or level requiring application of the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the position being filled.
- Must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade (or equivalent).
- Typing – Any Grade: Qualified typist is required (40wpm).
- GS-06 and above: One year of experience directly related to the occupation and equivalent to the next lower grade level. Education is not creditable, however, graduate education may be credited in those few instances where the graduate education is directly related to the work of the position.
Click here for more information.
- Personnel security investigation required.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- You may claim Military Spouse Preference.
- Applicants claiming veteran’s preference must clearly show an entitlement to such preference on the resume/supplemental data submitted.
- Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
- Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in the vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:Resumes will be evaluated for basic qualifications requirements and for the skills needed to perform the duties of the position, as described in this vacancy announcement and identified by the Selecting Official for the position.
Benefits and Other Info
BENEFITS:The Department of Defense offers excellent benefits programs some of which may include:
- Comprehensive health and life insurance
- Competitive salaries
- Generous retirement programs
- Paid holidays, sick leave, and vacation time
- Flexible work environment and alternate work schedules
- Paid employment related training and education
- Possible student loan repayment
- Payment of licenses, certification, and academic degrees as applicable
- Bonuses, incentives, and awards as appropriate for the job.
OTHER INFORMATION:Click here for more information.
- To successfully claim veteran’s preference, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. The DoD policy is available onhttp://www.cpms.osd.mil/ASSETS/E8AB932EA1E44617BAC7222922E42A62/DoDI140025-V300.pdf
- In accordance with section 9902(h) of title 5, United States Code, annuitants reemployed in the Department of Defense shall receive full annuity and salary upon appointment. They shall not be eligible for retirement contributions, participation in the Thrift Savings Plan, or a supplemental or redetermined annuity for the reemployment period. Discontinued service retirement annuitants (i.e., retired under section 8336(d)(1) or 8414(b)(1)(A) of title 5, United States Code) appointed to the Department of Defense may elect to be subject to retirement provisions of the new appointment as appropriate. (See DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives.)
- Special Note to NSPS Applicants: If you apply for and accept a GS position, your GS pay will be set differently than if you transition out of NSPS with your organization. If you apply for and accept a position and your pay cannot be set within the GS grade range, you will not be eligible for pay retention. Be sure to refer to the NSPS web site (http://cpol.army.mil/library/general/nsps/docs-repeal/NSPS_Empl_Transition_Bulletin_031510.pdf ) for more details on how this might affect your specific situation.
- U.S. citizens overseas under ordinarily resident status are not eligible for appointment under the Status of Forces Agreement.
- The initial length of this overseas tour is three years.
- Candidates initially selected from the U.S. may be eligible for certain foreign area benefits.
- Locality pay does not apply in the overseas area.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
Other Advantages: – Separate Maintenance Allowance (SMA) will not be granted.
– Living Quarters Allowance (LQA) will not be authorized. Employee, who is currently receiving Living quarters Allowance, may continue to be eligible for LQA while continuously employed in the overseas area.
– Pay Retention will not be afforded.
– Transportation agreements will not be negotiated.
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY:Click here for more information.
- Resumes must be received by the closing date of this announcement.
- Self-nomination must be submitted by the closing date. Applicants wishing to withdraw from consideration may contact the Central Resume Processing Center at (410) 306- 0137 or [email protected].
- Resume must be on file in our centralized database.
- Announcements close at 12:00am (midnight) Eastern Time.
- You must have an ACTIVE resume with the Army Centralized Resumix database before you submit your Self-nomination. If you do not have an ACTIVE resume on file, please click here to use the Army Resume Builder to create or update your resume.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Central Resume Processing Center
Email: [email protected]
Central Resume Processing Center
314 Johnson Street
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21005-5283
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:Once this announcement closes, candidates will be evaluated using an automated system, (Resumix) which compares your skills and experience as described in your resume with the requirements of the position. If you are found to be a highly qualified candidate, you will be referred to the selecting official for further consideration. (In some cases, individuals with priority for special consideration must be considered and selected before other candidates.) Whether or not you are contacted for an interview depends upon the location of the position and the judgment of the selecting official. You can view the status of announcements that you applied for through our automated response system, ANSWER, accessed through our Civilian Personnel On-Line web page.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.