Booz Allen Looking for Communications Professionals Who Also “Get” Social Media

Home Forums Job Openings Booz Allen Looking for Communications Professionals Who Also “Get” Social Media

This topic contains 28 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Ken S. Heller 10 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Steve Radick
    Participant

For more information, click over to my blog post here.

Ken S. Heller
    Participant

Can I telecommute? Oh! I already work for BAH! 😉

Ashley Moran
    Participant

Hi Steve,

I’m interested in reaching out to the recruiters for your Strategic Communications practice (though not regarding Social Media) and your Civil Government practice at BoozAllen. Would you be able to point me in the right direction? You can reach me anytime at [email protected]. Thanks for and thoughts you could offer!

Ashley Moran

Greg Schopp
    Participant

Natalie Romanoff said we “need” to connect. Look me up on Viper.

Philip
    Participant

Hey guys! I know two recruiters for the Booz Allen Organizational Strategy, Strategic Communication team….Jennifer Hill and Karen Howell. Apparently, it’s a growing team. I’m looking to join but last time I met with them they said I was too much of a strategy/policy guy…go figure…

If you’d like my resume, email me at [email protected]

Steve Cappuccio
    Participant

Thank you for your time.

Steve Radick
    Participant

Unfortunately, no, we’re only looking to staff people in the Washington Metro area right now. However, I’ve had a few discussions with clients on the West Coast, and there’s definitely some potential to expand our social media/communications footprint out that way. I’ll let you know the next time I head out there for meetings and we can grab a drink or something.

Joe Flood
    Participant

I think I’m a communications professional who gets social media. I’ve worked extensively on nonprofit and government web sites. I’ve written and presented on social media and think the government can do a lot more in this area. Check out my blog when you have a chance: http://joeflood.com Thanks,

Joe

Debra Fitzwater
    Participant

Aloha Steve,

I know a potential candidate who is relocating back to the DC area from Phoenix. Does this job opportunity have a “clearance” requirement? Does the individual need to come in with a clearance or will the company sponsor the incumbant?

Thank you!

Dee

Still looking?
    Melissa Reilly

Steve Radick
    Participant

Always looking for good people, but we’re not doing a whole lot of hiring right now unfortunately. I’m always taking resumes though – new positions pop up all the time!

🙂 I’m in touch with Karen Powell. Happy New Year.

Steven G. Kukla
    Participant

Thanks for offering to accept resumes. I seek a challenging Marketing position in NoVA-DC metro area and was previously Sr. Market Research Mgr for AOL’s Advanced Product Concepts & Voice of the Consumer groups, working on Web 2.0 & Social Media product initiatives and also implementing an enterprise SaaS text mining solution for CRM feedback management & product improvement.

I have deep experience across the entire marketing spectrum, supporting major brands (AOL, AT&T, Dolby Labs, Westinghouse, SallieMae, National Park Service) as a product marketer, planner and product manager. In my management consulting roles at NPCA in DC and as an independent product marketing consultant to Silicon Valley companies, I advised clients on market intelligence, technology acquisition due-diligence, and new product concepts/messaging.

Additionally, I have worked on proposal teams at a defense contractor (Westinghouse) and marketed products to Federal agencies while at Dolby Labs.

My resume is attached. Hopefully Booz Allen Hamilton may have an interest.

– Steven G. Kukla

Joshua Salmons
    Participant

Dude. Love your blog design/layout.

Steve Radick
    Participant

🙂 Awesome – big thanks go out to Michael Dumlao from my team for the design!

Steve Radick
    Participant

That’s sort of true, but not because we don’t intermingle, but because most of our clients require on-site support. So if we win a contract at the Pentagon for a social media FTE, that person is gonna have to live in the DC area because they’re going to have to be at the Pentagon every day. There are a few (not many) contracts that allow the people to be located wherever, but we can’t just hire people for those roles as they’re typically project-specific. What if we just hired someone to work a contract remotely from their home in Alaska, but then that contract ends? What do we do with that person then? This issue has very little to do with office space and everything to do with our contracts, clients, and long-term support that we can provide. Believe me – I’d LOVE to be able to freely hire people across the country as it’d allow us to hire a lot more talented individuals, but the fact of that matter is that a majority of our federal government clients are based in the DC area and want people who can be there, physically.

Steven,
    You sound like a person I’d enjoy getting to know. I am in marketing, but more from the brand strategy angle from ad agency and consulting firm background. There’s a social media club/DC breakfast on Mon, Jan 25– are you going?
    Melissa Lewis Reilly

Steve Radick
    Participant

I don’t think I’m going to be able to make it to the breakfast on the 25th, but would be happy to talk with you sometime if you’d like. You ever in the Tyson’s area?

Sometimes. And as much as I’d liek to meet you Steve R., I was also posting the note to Steven G. Kukla, if he’s still reading this string — guess I need to reply direclty to him 🙂
    melissa

Steve Radick
    Participant

HAHAHA – fine then, I see how it is 🙂 We can still get together though!

Does that make me a networking sleeze? HAHA. Sent the other Steve a friend request.
    m

Steven G. Kukla
    Participant

See you at the Teaist.

Great!

Kara Stith
    Participant

Hi Steve,

I am very interested in this position if you are still hiring. I have a Bachelors in Marketing and am currently working on my MBA. I also have previous advertising and marketing experience. I was wondering who I could send my resume to for consideration?

Keith Houin
    Participant

I retire from the Air Force in April 2011. I might be interested if there is something available in that time frame. I have 17 years Air Force Public Communications experience. Job experience includes: plans, analysis, journalism, photography, marketing, web management, media operations, community relations, research, social media.
    I am currently the US Air Forces in Europe Public Affairs Ops Superintendent and the commands social media manager and program developer. I also manage/oversee 15 websites with approximately 75 regular content providers.
    I am responsible for providing social media guidance and oversight for all US Air Force assets in Europe as well as some Joint Military Operations/exercises.
    For the year prior to my current position I was responsible for providing resources, development, evaluation and training for all USAF Public Affairs assets in Europe.

Glenn Rahming
    Participant

I am a social media master and can be found on Linkedin…Please reveiw my credentials.

Glenn Rahming, MBA

Deej Lundgren
    Participant

Hi Steve,

I am very interested in the communication professional position. I have a lot of experience in communications and social media. I would really appreciate the opportunity to share my experience and skill sets with you. If interested, please e-mail me at [email protected].

Thanks and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Take care,
    deej

Steve Radick
    Participant

All – So sorry this got bumped back up to the front page, but this is an old job posting that’s no longer open. If you’re interested in applying for a position with Booz Allen, please check out our career page as there are always new opportunities opening up.

Thanks everyone!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.