July 8, 2010 at 6:06 pm #105094
Management Concepts is currently recruiting for a Government Business Development Manager to represent and sell training, consulting and assessments in Federal Agencies and DOD.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Plans, organizes, and develops the sales strategy and organization for Divisional markets that will produce optimum profitability, identifies new markets, identifies need for new products, and expands share of market with existing and new accounts.
• Develops sales strategies that will produce maximum market penetration.
• Identifies objectives, strategies, and action plans to improve short- and long-term sales and earning.
• Responsible for meeting assigned revenue objectives and assisting others to reach theirs.
• Establishes and maintains close personal contact with key strategic customers and directs the delivery of services to them
• Conduct research on Federal sectors to identify sales targets
• Prepare sales forecasts and strategies
• Develop and maintain key business contacts in Federal sectors
• Coordinate sales planning and activities
• Monitor and assist engagement team delivery in assigned strategic clients
• Exploit services delivery for follow-on sales opportunities
Education & Knowledge:
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
• Knowledge of Federal market and experience working with government Agencies
• Excellent computer skills (including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
• Knowledge of one or more of the following topics desired: project management, business analysis, leadership, analytics and/or contracting
NECESSARY SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent interpersonal skills combined with a consultative approach and the ability to present solutions to client needs
• A strong bottom line orientation and an ability to assist business units in using sales strategies effectively to profitably acquire and retain clients
• An ability to work in a team environment
• A high level of drive, discipline, creativity and motivation
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
• Strong organizational, planning, analytical, negotiation, and decision-making skills
• Ability to develop and nurture solid relationships with key clients, consultants, and internal team members
• Familiar with the regulations that drive the Federal Government capture process
• Solid oral and written communication skills
• Demostrated ability to meet or exceed a minium of $1.5 million in annual revenue quotas
• Capable of juggling multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment to meet tight deadlines
• 7+ years of strategic Federal Government sales experience in a service-oriented business
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.