September 16, 2010 at 2:01 pm #110960
ACS, A Xerox Company
Transportation Solutions Group
The Capture Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of capture for Transportation opportunities of $50+millionTCV. This includes lead and opportunity development, identifies the resources required to pursue the bid, establishes processes and plans necessary for pursuit, and manages their execution. This is a senior level position that involves considerable interaction with both internal and external resources, consultants, subject experts and client teams. In performing this role, the manager must possess industry knowledge, marketing and sales capabilities, technical insight, proposal experience, program management skills and strong leadership skills.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
– Drives the opportunity from capture to contract award
– Directs the preparation, approval, and execution of the capture plan, the capture schedule and the budget associated with the new business target
– Leads, motivates and energizes internal and external team members to produce a winning solution
– Formulates, communicates and implements an integrated capture strategy that provides a clear and defensible justification for selecting ACS for award
– Ensures appropriate resources are assigned to address all client requirements
– Oversees development of all proposal volumes including the Cost Volume
– Oversees development and execution of color review teams
– Develops and presents capture management reports and briefings
– Identifies capture team and assigns capture responsibilities
– Works closely with functional departments (e.g. Contracts, Pricing, Finance, HR , etc.) to assure an integrated approach
– Delegates authority and responsibilities to ensure each project works toward the maximum potential
– Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and other practices set forth by upper management
– Coordinates development and implementation of communications campaigns supporting captures.
Skills, Requirements, and Experience:
The Capture Manager should be an experienced and accomplished business developer who understands the capture process, project management, contracts, and proposal development. The successful candidate will have strong familiarity with the industry and client in order to be conversant in their terminology, policies, organizational structure, etc. and formulate winning strategies accordingly.
Must be a polished professional in appearance, demeanor and attitude; be adaptable to changing requirements as dictated by client-driven or internal factors; successfully manage time and priorities to meet critical deadlines; manage heavy load in a highly competitive, visible and fast-paced and sometimes stressful arena.
– B.A. degree, Masters preferred
– Proven record of winning government contracts valued at $50+ million
– Five years experience in roles of Capture, Business Development or Solutions/Services Sales to the government marketplace
– Motivated and innovative leader able to drive others to reach consensus and collaboration
– Strong skills and experience building mutually beneficial relationships with customers, end-users, and teaming partners, as well as internal organization
– Experience and familiarity with best practices of capture planning and proposal development and management
– Experience with project implementation and operations highly desirable
– Excellent written, verbal and personal presentation skills with the ability to persuasively present and represent ACS business capabilities
– Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact effectively with senior levels of internal and external organizations
– Strong negotiation skills
– Familiar with business-related mathematics and metrics
– Proficient with current versions of Microsoft Office Suite and familiar with MS Project
ACS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with ACS may request such accommodations by calling 866-419-2226 or by sending an e-mail to [email protected].
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.