December 2, 2011 at 6:50 pm #146986
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The City of Phoenix seeks a strategic, self-motivated, and collaborative visionary to fill the position of Chief Innovation Executive. This executive-level position primarily focuses on innovation, government efficiency, and implementing best practices. Responsibilities include analyzing other government agencies, private sector companies and non-profit agencies to find effective systems and technologies which can be adapted to help the City run more efficiently and with more transparency, and, better engage and communicate with stakeholders. This position provides leadership and direction for effective change.
This is a tremendous opportunity for a leader with a demonstrated track record of creating and successfully implementing innovative programs/processes to shape the future of a well-respected local government. Under the general supervision and direction of the City Manager, the Chief Innovation Executive has considerable independence to undertake and coordinate a variety of activities and projects to improve program effectiveness and service delivery in the City.
Application filing deadline is December 16, 2011.
$93,080 – $146,598 annually. Appointment can be made above the minimum depending upon qualifications.
- Ten years of senior business management experience with demonstrated success in organizational innovation;
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE – The job requirements listed above, plus:
- A master’s degree in a related field;
- Experience adapting successful systems from other organizations;
- Experience using technology to drive change and enhance efficiencies;
- Has a track record of creating and successfully implementing innovative and successful programs and processes and right sourcing opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. In your cover letter or resume, please describe your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above.
YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT. Only online applications are accepted for this position. The results of the resume screening process will be sent to your primary email address.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- City of Phoenix residency is required within 24 months after the date of hire and must be maintained.
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please visit: http://phoenix.gov/jobs/info.pdf
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Center at (602) 262-6277.
Special Assistant to the City Manager, Job Code #06060, ID #5912, 11/21/11, LE, Benefits Code: exec
City of Phoenix employees demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround time, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.