April 9, 2010 at 3:25 pm #97195
Information Technology Specialist, GS-15
Office of Information Management and Technology
Congressional Research Service, Washington DC
The Congressional Research Service (CRS) seeks an Information Technology Specialist to work in the Office of Information Management and Technology. The person selected for this position:
• Leads and/or manages the analysis, design, development, and implementation of complex computer systems;
• Serves as a senior consultant to top management officials on the analysis, design, development, and administration of various mission critical IT systems that support core agency functions;
• Ensures that architecture plans are aligned with current and future infrastructure requirements;
• Provides operations support and advanced troubleshooting of IT systems;
• Serves as a lead computer specialist, responsible for the analysis, evaluation and testing of new information management concepts and technologies and provides recommendations regarding how they can be applied and integrated into the CRS architecture;
• Formulates long-range policies and develops and implements strategies and management guidelines for complex and changing information technology systems (which includes providing input to strategic and annual planning and the budget process);
• Serves as COTR for contract employees fulfilling hardware, software, and services contracts for IMT;
• Leads projects and applies formal project management principles and methodologies to accomplish project goals and outcomes;
• Works collaboratively with staff throughout CRS and LC and represents CRS on Library committees and /or working groups.
Candidates with IT experience in a systems administration and operations organization and expertise with desktop and server operating systems, office automation systems, backup systems, telecommunications and wide-area networking, hardware/software platforms, network devices, storage, desktop systems, peripherals, project management and SDLC are encouraged to apply.
This position is being offered at GS-15 level $123,758.00-$155,500.00. Please apply online at: http://www.loc.gov/crsinfo. If you are unable to apply online, please call 202.707.5627 to request an applicant job kit and refer to vacancy #100067 in all correspondence. Applications must be received by April19, 2010.
CRS is the public policy research arm of the United States Congress and is fully committed to workforce diversity.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.