Customer Service Performance Standards

Home Forums Human Resources Customer Service Performance Standards

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Robert Bacal 7 years ago.

• Author

Traci Smith
    Participant

Has your Department or Agency implemented customer service performance standards? If so, I would be very interested in any information you may be able to provide as we implement this within our own organization.

Thanks!!

Robert Bacal
    Participant

Some twenty + years ago, the government agency I worked for developed both a values statement, and a small set of customer service related standards. The values embodied our philosophy about how customer should be treated, while the standards expressed those values in measurables (although I don’t recall us ever actually measuring).

I can’t recall the standards we had, but they were simple, relevant, and pretty standard, as in “We answer our phones within x rings”, and “You will receive a response to your query within 2 working days”.

My feeling is, and was that there should be a very short list of standards. Then again, it was before all the tech. changes, so one might need more to take different contact methods into account.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.