February 3, 2012 at 2:48 pm #151809
Presidio Networked Solutions is the leading provider of professional and managed services for advanced IT solutions. Our services and solutions enable our clients to maximize their return on investment in data center/virtualization, collaboration, security, mobility and networking technology. More than 1,800 Presidio IT professionals serve over 5,000 clients in all 50 U.S. states, Europe and Asia. Presidio addresses the complete technology lifecycle – helping clients in the private and public sectors plan, design, integrate, operate and optimize their IT infrastructure. Presidio solutions are developed with strategic partners, including Cisco, EMC, HP, IBM, Microsoft, NetApp and VMware, who are the leading innovators in the IT industry. Our unique capabilities and approach to serving our clients have translated into a track record of success. For more information visit: http://www.presidio.com
Due to continued growth, we are recruiting for a Data Center Engineer to support a client engagement onsite in Washington, DC close to the Gallery Place – Chinatown Metrorail station.
The Data Center Engineer will be responsible for the installation and ongoing support of Cisco Nexus 7000 / 2000 switches in the data center.
The position will ensure the operational integrity and high availability of enterprise networks. The candidate must have extensive post sales experience in the systems integration business, with excellent presentation and writing skills.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide configuration, implementation, and problem analysis support for network protocols (MPLS, BGP, OSPF, etc.), routers/switches, and WAN/LAN infrastructure.
- Work with business units to provide the implementation of network strategies, performance improvements, optimization, and problem analysis.
- Provides support with installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining the networks.
- Participate in developing and designing network strategies, network policies, standards, and procedures.
- Keep records of maintenance activities and system performance.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 6+ years of practical experience in an IT organization
- Network certified – CCNP, CCIE or other IT recognized certification
- Experience with Cisco Nexus Data Center Switching Solutions
- Experience with routers/switches configuration, support, and problem analysis (Cisco)
Presidio offers excellent compensation and benefits packages commensurate with the skills and experience this position requires. If you’re interested in improving and exceeding your professional and financial career goals, and want to work with some of the industry’s best, contact us about joining our team.
Presidio is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify Participant
M/F/V/H are encouraged to apply
To inquire, submit your resume, or recommend a referral, please contact [email protected]
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.