January 14, 2010 at 9:08 pm #89314
G&H International Services is looking for a qualified self-motivated individual to serve as a Project Analyst for its Communities of Practice project with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. The Project Analyst will assist the Project Manager and Program Director in the oversight and management of several communities of practice. A community of practice represents a community of practitioners in the public safety and emergency response community who come together in a virtual space to collaborate on common projects, network, and share information on specific public safety or emergency response topics.
Communities of Practice Project Analyst duties include:
• Assisting the Project Manager and Program Director with the execution of day-to-day operations within assigned projects;
• Assisting the Project Manager and Program Director in the planning, tracking analysis, and reporting of cost and schedule data for projects;
• Executing action items, tasks, communications, reporting and documentation to ensure compliance with contractual and program obligations;
• Assisting in the drafting and editing of correspondence, strategic documents and presentations; and
• Limited administrative duties as necessary to ensure compliance with contractual and program obligations.
The Communities of Practice Project Analyst may also:
• Assist in establishing new communities by working with stakeholders and the user community to identify good opportunities;
• Monitor and maintain existing communities;
• Maintain ongoing relationships with existing community leadership to ensure customer satisfaction;
• Assist the community in the development of content and integration of existing content;
• Assist in developing marketing and outreach for the community; and
• Monitor the site for misuse and website violations;
Successful candidates will be responsible, detail oriented, self-motivated individuals who are seeking to work in a team environment. Other qualifications for the Project Analyst position include:
• 1 to 3 years experience in an office environment preferred, but not mandatory.
• Bachelor’s degree with a superior GPA
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Exceptional writing and editing experience/abilities
• Experience writing technical documentation a plus, but not required
• Experience with/willingness to work on issues pertaining to community preparedness/homeland security
• Experience with/willingness to learn Microsoft Project
• Strong interpersonal communications and teamwork skills
• U.S. citizenship required
Salary based upon qualifications and experience
January 23, 2010 at 3:36 am #89318
You may want to post this opening on the TFCN Job Board at http://www.tfcn.us
TFCN is the largest professional network for Government contractors with over 20,000 members. The board has over 150 registered companies and over 400 jobs were posted since its launch last month. Job Board os fully integrated with Twitter and postings automatically make their way to TFCN streams on Facebook, LinkedIn and beyond.
– Alex George
January 25, 2010 at 11:35 pm #89316
Thank you for posting. I’d like to send you my resume. I’ll friend request you so I can communicate with you.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.