January 19, 2011 at 6:44 am #120864
Calling DC Hackers!**
On Saturday, January 22nd, Insomniac Design will host the third DevHouse:DC event, an open-to-public all-day gathering of passionate geeks, hackers and makers working on whatever they want.
DevHouse:DC is about knowledge sharing, technology exploration, and ad-hoc collaboration. Come to have fun, build things, learn things, and meet new people.
– Come to code, craft, make, create
– Bring your laptop and other gear for your project
– Fuel your project with free wifi
– Present and/or see neat stuff during five-minute lightning talks
– Meet other hackers and thinkers
– Hang out with friends (INVITE YOUR FRIENDS!)
– Photos from last time: http://palantir-events.posterous.com/
– more info: http://devhousedc.org
– Saturday, January 22nd
– 12:00 – 6pm: hacking and partying
– 6pm – 7pm: dinner
– 7pm – 8pm: lightning talks
– 8pm – 11pm: more hacking and more partying
– PLEASE RSVP to EventBrite event at http://devhousedc.eventbrite.com/
– Free! — but space is limited!
– Facebook event also available for sharing:
– Please bring food/snacks/drinks! This is a potluck-style event so
bring something to share!
**hacker: n. (originally, someone who makes furniture with an axe). A
person who enjoys exploring the details of programmable systems and
how to stretch their capabilities… RFC1392, the Internet Users’
Glossary, usefully amplifies this as: A person who delights in having
an intimate understanding of the internal workings of a system … An
expert or enthusiast of any kind. (source:
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.