Department of Ed Listens on Facebook

Home Forums Miscellaneous Department of Ed Listens on Facebook

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Ed Albetski 6 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Allison Primack
    Participant

I realize I am slightly late in this discovery, but I found the US Department of Education’s YouTube page, which hosts a variety of videos, most notably a monthly series entitles “School Days”. Each edition addresses some of the top issues in the Department of Ed happening that month.

However, this week another video was posted which I thought was even more interesting. In this video Secretary Arne Duncan answers questions from Facebook’s education page. Last week, U.S. Secretary Duncan asked fans of the “Facebook in Education” page for questions about the state of the American education system, and responded to some of the inquiries in this video. Talk about direct government!

What do you think about this idea? Do you think this is a smart way to connect government to the people?

Ed Albetski
    Participant

Sure. It’s easier for the public than expecting them to actually go to the Department’s page and supply input.

I’m glad to see Gov’t agencies pick up on this. Cruise ship companies and hotels have been following what was being posted on CruiseCritic.Com and TripAdvisor.com for years.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.