October 7, 2011 at 6:33 pm #143111
The Digital Communications and Engagement Manager manages and delivers innovative citizen engagement and digital communications for federal, state and local government clients as a member of GovDelivery Professional Services.
GovDelivery Professional Services supports government organizations which incorporate multi-channel communication and engagement strategies deeper into the organization’s mission expanding program awareness, accelerating adoption of online services, supporting citizen engagement, improving citizen services, reducing service delivery costs, and complementing and supporting existing staffing.
Projects range from assessing a city’s online presence to launching an online community for a state agency, to facilitating internal collaboration at a large federal agency. The position reports to the Director, Professional Services also based in D.C.
Strong candidates will demonstrate mastery of digital communication, engagement strategies and tactics, a history of serving government clients as a trusted advisor, consultative selling skills, expert project management skills and problem solving capabilities, dedication to the public sector, experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) platforms, and a desire to be part of a fun, fast paced, lively team who love what they do.
What you get to do
- Interface with clients and internal team
- Manage the scope, timeline, and delivery of core deliverables
- Produce deliverables
- Manage and coordinate internal staff and contractors
- Provide expertise and training on online engagement to various divisions of GovDelivery
- Be a speaker and representative of GovDelivery Professional Services at events
- Help build out a range of products and services
- Meet with potential clients on initiatives
- Assist in developing proposals for government agencies
- Master GovDelivery products and future products
Awesome candidates will
- Have 10 + years management experience, preferable in a technology/social company
- Be a master of digital communication and engagement tools ranging from email marketing, online community building and social networks, Facebook, Twitter, and the next new thing
- Have experience and/or enthusiasm for working with federal, state, and/or local government
- Consistently manage and produce results for simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment that exceed client expectations
- Demonstrate excitement and expertise in building and facilitating groups
- Expertly enlist internal help to navigate within a client organization
- Be passionate about public service, citizen engagement and public communication
- Have a track record of successfully managing a team of direct reports
- Love data and telling stories with data
- Use CRM solutions (SalesForce preferred)
- Successfully sell ideas and meet lots of different, influential people
- Thrive on new ideas and a little bit of chaos
- Be hungry and passionate, have a collaborative spirit, and want to change the world
- Read techpresident.com, quora.com, mashable.com, searchengineland.com, and hubspot.com, for fun
- Possess world-class communication (oral and written) and analytical skills
- Have a polished, executive level presence
The compensation package will be tailored to the candidate commensurate with candidate’s experience and skills. Compensation will include base salary and performance-based incentives. Benefits include paid vacation and holidays, medical and dental plan, and matching 401(k). GovDelivery is an EEO Employer.
To apply for this position, send your resume, cover letter and LinkedIn profile address to:
Location: Washington, DC
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.