June 30, 2011 at 8:48 pm #134372
The Director of Client Services leads the Client Services Group, primarily responsible for ensuring the successful use of company products by its customers. This starts with the initial product implementation and continues though ongoing efforts to increase platform uptake and utilization. Collectively, the Client Services Group is the thought leader – internally and externally – for how governments maximize their use of GovDelivery. As the face of the group, the Director of Client Services must embody this and instill the drive to help our customers be more effective (reach more people), efficient, and engaging in their communications than they could ever be without us. GovDelivery products are delivered on a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) basis with a recurring revenue model.
There are two core teams within the group: Implementation Consulting and Client Performance.
- Implementation Consultants are responsible for working with customers post-sale to implement our products in a way that maximizes their utilization of and value derived from our platform. Activities include administrator training, establishment of best practices, and ongoing management of operational relationships with the client
- The Client Performance team is responsible for facilitating successful client use of our systems and ongoing positive performance and providing support in the implementation process. The team includes a number of specialists led by a manager.
The work of the Client Services Group is integral to the success of the company, and we are seeking an enthusiastic Director to lead it who is passionate about customer service and has experience leading motivated employees. This position reports to the company’s Chief Operating Officer.
Well positioned as a leader in Government to Citizen communications, we have a large, established client base, a strong customer-oriented culture and world class products. Our goal is to continue building an organization of smart, aggressive, awesome people who are committed to our mission and focused on our customers. Energy, attitude, integrity and reliability are required for success. If you are highly motivated, endlessly curious, always skeptical, driven to excellence and need to see data to support an opinion (including your own!) we’d love to hear from you!
- Represent the Client Services Group internally and externally; lead by example
- Ensure that appropriate systems are in place to provide world class service to our clients and assist them in using our system as effectively as possible
- Collect success criteria and communicate with management and internal stakeholders
- As the ultimate client advocate, responsible for providing direction into product development and the sales and marketing operations
- Supervise a growing staff of 8, including the Client Performance Manager
- Passion for public sector success
- Client focus – able to understand what drives customer needs
- BA/BS or equivalent
- 5+ years customer service and/or client success experience
- 2+ years managing direct reports in a client services environment
- Comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Clear, concise communicator via email, phone, webinar, and live presentation
- Experience with Salesforce (administration, preferred), WebEx, and Microsoft Office Suite
Additional requirements of the ideal candidate
- Experience working with government or other public sector organizations
- Product company experience, particularly working with SaaS offerings
- Experience building service groups
This position is critical to the success of our business and the compensation package will be tailored to the candidate commensurate with candidate’s experience and skills. Compensation will include base salary and performance-based incentives. Benefits include paid vacation and holidays, medical and dental plan, and matching 401(k).
To apply for this position, send your resume to:
Location: Saint Paul, MN
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.