September 13, 2011 at 12:58 pm #141236
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has announced an SES job vacancy in its Atlanta Headquarters! As a senior manager at the CDC, the incumbent will direct and manage the Communications Office, which employs approximately 100 multi-disciplinary professionals. H/she will:
- Oversee the agency’s nationally and internationally recognized public affairs policy and communications program;
- Lead and direct the development and implementation of a comprehensive health communications program;
- Establish high-level communications goal and objectives;
- Institute agency-wide communications policies, programs, and activities while ensuring integration with agency research, surveillance, and prevention activities;
- Provide sound judgment and expert advice to the CDC Director on politically sensitive issues and programs;
- Coordinate and oversee major public affairs activities;
- Serve as CDC’s spokesperson in responding to questions from the news media, special interest groups and the general public;
- Ensure that all health communication activities successfully address cultural, socioeconomic, and linguistic challenges;
- Employ the latest information technologies; i.e. social media, to support and coordinate CDC’s communications efforts.
To apply, visit http://www.usajobs.gov and search for announcement #HHS-CDC-ES-11-529395. Access the job directly at http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=102182256&JobTitle=Associate+Director+for+Communication%2c+ES-1035&brd=3876&vw=b&FedEmp=Y&FedPub=Y&jbf565=1&Facet=E&q=associate+director+for+communications&where=atlanta%2c+georgia&x=97&y=14&AVSDM=2011-09-12+14%3a34%3a00.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.