May 9, 2011 at 6:54 pm #130051
The Director of Customer Support will be responsible for supervising the operation of iConstituent’s Customer Service Center, monitoring for excellent service and quality assurance, hiring, training, coaching and managing employees for an outstanding customer experience. The Director of Customer will take a hands-on role leading a team of Customer Support Engineers being responsible that the team applies the Operational processes, policies, standards and procedures and achieves all business goals, objectives and SLAs.
In addition to individual performance management and supervision of required departmental tasks, the Director of Customer Support will coordinate inter-department to achieve optimal product performance and customer satisfaction and will also serve as a top tier interface to customers and for customer escalation.
This position is located in our Washington, D.C. headquarters in the Capitol Hill neighborhood. All work is performed on site.
iConstituent offers competitive salaries, 401K, Health, Dental and Vision, SmartBenefits Program, and Paid Time Off and a business casual work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary responsibility of this technical management position is to lead a team to develop and ensure the efficient operation of a high quality Customer Support Center, including staff scheduling, escalation processes and performance measurements in order to maintain the integrity of services to iConstituent’s customers.
- Develop in-depth understanding of all supported products
- Coordinate with Systems and Development teams in the monitoring of products and product data centers
- Manage ticketing system for email and telephone support to ensure 100% of client issues are recorded
- Review the Helpdesk's organization and recommend changes
- Responsible for creation of staff skill set matrix to identify team strengths, weaknesses, and needs
- Develop and implement staff training programs for product and technical knowledge
- Conduct periodic personnel evaluations
- Maintain and update operating procedures for all aspects of the Helpdesk function. Participate in the CMMI assessment process, activities and ongoing follow-up.
- Ensure that all contractually-obligated hours of operation and turnaround times for support in Washington and state/district offices are fully met.
- Monitor Helpdesk representatives for customer service level (communication, technical skills, knowledge levels)
- Ensure that all customer issues are recorded in ticketing system
- Work closely with the key stake holders to define and report daily on support metrics for internal and external stake holders
- Monitor ticketing system to assure that proper problem descriptions and solution descriptions are being entered by support team members using consistent and professional language
- Coordinate maintenance of support knowledge base for internal and client usage
- Coordinate training activities for helpdesk staff on new products and features to ensure a consistent support experience for customers
- At least 10 years experience working in a software customer in a a customer service capacity
- At least 3 years experience in a management or supervisory role
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or other technical discipline required; MS Preferred
- Additional Technical Certifications (MS Developer, Systems Engineer, etc) desired
- Data Center Support Experience
- Understanding of .Net and J2EE environments
- Experience developing a talented team of support engineers
- Demonstrable evidence of influencing positive change within a helpdesk environment.
- Thorough knowledge of helpdesk operations to include a good knowledge of best practices, industry trends and customer service.
- Thorough knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems
- 3 Years minimum experience of successfully managing support teams
- 3+ Years experience with customer issue ticket systems
- 3+ years experience supporting browser based software
- Experience with browser based technologies and systems
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft networking protocols required
- OTRS Ticket System experience preferred
- Functional understanding of MS Office, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, and Windows 2007
- Knowledge of HTML,CSS, SQL and Access database systems and management
- In depth understanding of internet and networking protocols: TCP/IPO, HTTP, FTP, SMTP, POP3, SSH, Telnet
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
iConstituent employees take pride in providing our customers with information that is timely, accurate, unbiased and trusted. We have a profound respect for the customers we serve and define our success in terms of their success. Our work environment is dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial. We have a result-oriented culture that demands excellence, agility, and the desire to move quickly and precisely to seize opportunities. Our environment is both challenging and supportive - we give employees the opportunity to develop their skills and do their best work.
iConstituent is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity.
Please send a current resume along with a cover letter to [email protected]. In you cover letter, please specify your desired salary amount. Resumes without a cover letter or without this information will be ignored. We will review all resumes with cover letters and contact qualified applicants immediately.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.