November 6, 2009 at 6:25 pm #84935
Gal S. BorensteinParticipant
Reports to: Agency President
Position Closes: When Filled
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To develop new business contracts that leverage the full breadth of the Agency’s integrated marketing communications services and offerings to players within the government sector. New business should include full consideration of both short and long-term contracts for DOD, DHS, DOJ & IC agencies, as well as consideration of any or all supporting programs that utilize and require strategic communications needs such as public affairs, market research, video development, graphic design, brand messaging, interactive web development, recruitment or training materials, and overall consulting services. This is accomplished by selling through our GSA AIMS-541 Schedule, working through a large network of industry professionals to gather information on projects so proposals may be turned into signed contracts, leveraging the firm's existing BPA and IDIQ contract vehicles, and personal network of relationships.
• Familiarity with the overall strategic and tactical communications needs of Department of Defense, Homeland Security, and Intelligence community Agencies and programs with specific regards to the areas of public affairs, policy dissemination, stakeholder communications, change management, branding, recruitment advertising, web sites, event planning, video production, and marketing communication planning and execution.
• Effective communication skills with proven ability in the area of negotiations.
• Must have a strong track record of having successfully won contracts with Federal Government agencies.
• Possess key relationships within the industry and have a track record of success in establishing effective and productive teaming relationships.
• Extensive outside contacts requiring a high degree of diplomacy and tact to deal with and influence persons in all types of environments.
• Demonstrated analytical skills in decision-making and problem solving so as to understand and assess effect and impact across any number of situations.
• Shown ability to maintain confidentiality and integrity of company information such as cost and bid information where disclosure might have an adverse effect.
• Entrepreneurial ability that thrives in a competitive, fast-paced environment.
• Strong understanding of the company’s core competencies and the ability to present our capabilities and expertise to potential clients.
• 10+ minimum years of consultative sales and/or business development experience
• 5 years DoD/DHS business development experience which should include both proposal writing and development for successful positioning
• Strong understanding and knowledge of the Government procurement processes, procedures and contract vehicles.
• Holds current Secret or higher level of Security Clearance
• Bachelor Degree
• Masters or MBA in Marketing or Business preferred
• Prospect identification, development and ongoing management
• Lead database management of prospects, contacts and referrals
• Weekly communication and progress reporting of all BD activities and wins
• Ability to prepares capabilities presentations, cover letters, case studies, proposals and other company requested information
• Acts as Proposal Manager for responses to RFPs.
• Develops white papers for client submissions in advance of RFP opportunities
• Familiarity with Federal/DoD public sector contracting offices
• Participates in annual new business strategy and planning sessions.
• Ability to manage multiple development programs/initiatives in a concurrent fashion.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.