Do you and your co-workers give back?

Home Forums Miscellaneous Do you and your co-workers give back?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Carol Davison 6 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Shannon Kennedy
    Participant

I saw this and became pretty inspired. Qwest is a company committed to service, but its devoted employees take service to the next level.

Qwest Pioneers are a volunteer group of current and former Qwest employees who are passionate about doing good in the communities which they serve. Qwest's Spirit of Service is demonstrated by this group's community engagement as volunteers all over the country.

Qwest Pioneers works with schools throughout as well as with Habitat for Humanity to build houses for the homeless. The group also participates in projects which benefit the disabled and those in poverty.

Qwest Pioneers is clearly making a huge effort to better local communities as well as the lives of people nation-wide.

Want to see what these Pioneers are doing? Check out this video of the Qwest Pioneers Easter Egg Hung For the Blind:

This has me wondering, does your organization or agency have a group like this?

--------------------------------------

Qwest Government Services is committed to the telecommunication missions of the U.S. Federal Government. Its concept of operations is driven by an unwavering commitment to its Spirit of Service. The Spirit of Service is more than a trademarked slogan – it’s how Qwest does business, and the backbone of its commitment to costumer needs.Qwest is a proud partner of GovLoop. Check out Qwest on Facebook and Twitter.

Carol Davison
    Participant

Supercalifragilisticexpaladocious! How loving to empower the blind and seeing in this egg hunt! That little blonde boy was adorabled in holding the egg to his eye, but I didn't expect to see adults be so excited about, apparently their first egg hunt, either! Thank you for sharing this. You made my day.

Ann McFarlane
    Participant

Our employees were very creative when they started this: http://www.kingcounty.gov/employees/HealthMatters/HealthyWorkplace/GivingGarden.aspx

Shannon Kennedy
    Participant

Ann, thanks for sharing! That is fantastic!

Terrence Hill
    Participant

We have a hearty group of volunteers in DHS. In fact, about 25 of us are going down to the Gulf Coast in June (for the 6th year) to build homes with Habitat for Humanity for the victims of Hurricanes Katrina/Rita. We also volunteer monthly with organizations such as Greater DC Cares, Serve DC, and other organizations.

All Federal employees are asked to give back through the Feds Feed Families campaign each summer (this is the 3rd annual campaign).

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.