Do You Care Enough To Voice Your Opinion?

Home Forums Human Resources Do You Care Enough To Voice Your Opinion?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Henry Brown 5 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Doris Tirone
    Participant

Maybe it’s because the “meat & potatoes” of my job require me to stay abreast of Federal employee compensation and benefits legislation but, of late, I’ve come to believe that most Govies don’t share my same level of interest and I wonder why that is?

Having come from the private sector, I know exactlywhat I gave up in my compensation and benefits package to work for the Feds. And even though I knowingly traded off a much better financial deal, I also knew the Feds would take care of me … or so I thought.

I wonder if other Govies, those who have never worked in the private sector, truly understand and appreciate the Feds’ employee compensation system and benefits programs and if so, why this massive body of voters hasn’t raised its collective voice in the media to send a message to our elected officials to keep their hands off our slim pickin’s?

Reforming Federal compensation and benefits may be a good idea, it may even save taxpayers a buck or two … but by the time changes take hold, the economy will be on the rise and private sector employers will be poaching away our talent again by offering enticing financial packages.

I wonder. Is this big business’ way, right now, to prevent the Feds from enticing away their talent?

As a Federal employee, do you care about your compensation and benefits package? If so, do you care enough to accept only what legislators think will get them more votes or do you care enough to let your opinions be heard?