Do you consider the HR department responsibilities can be handled and enforced by managers and supervisors?

Home Forums Human Resources Do you consider the HR department responsibilities can be handled and enforced by managers and supervisors?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Aaron Manton 7 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

I would like to know your opnion about this question because I know some HR directors and CEO have the idea that with a good training the managrs and supervisors can be in charge of the legal side, benefits, worker compensation, training, etc. I disagree with that opinion because only with the proper knowledges, skills and experience the supervisors can take the responsibilities of the HR basics.

Aaron Manton
    Participant

Never – government hiring is way too fraught with lawsuits and grievances. Furthermore I wouldn’t want to waste a manager’s time with nuisance applicants when a professional HR staff can more readily dispatch them.

Hi, Aaron! You are right with your comment. It is not necessary to waste the time of managers and supervisors who have to take care of their own field when you have a professional in the HR department. Recently I read a question about this from a HR Director who was asking for advices because the CEO of the corporation wanted to eliminate the HR department and train the managers and supervisors to take care of the HR assignments. I consider it was a wrong management decision because each manager has its own department and he/she has to take care of it. Human resources has many legal details and if the manager does not know how to handle some issues the result will be a lawsuit against the company or organization. Thank you for your comments. You have a valid point.

Emi Whittle
    Participant

No way – I think that is called a “dual relationship”….

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.