Do You Have an Accent?

Home Forums Miscellaneous Do You Have an Accent?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Corey McCarren 5 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Shannon Kennedy
    Participant

Happy Friday! It’s time for our next GEICO Friday Fun Video of the week! This week, the GEICO Gecko is vising The Windy City on his journey to save folks money on their car insurance. The only problem is that nobody can understand his accent! What’s our poor little green friend to do?

What would you do if you were in the GEICO’s position?

Do You Have an Accent?

Have you ever found yourself living in a place with a different accent than yours? Did you find your accent adapting to your surroundings?

GEICO was created in 1936 to provide auto insurance to federal government employees and their families. 75 years later, GEICO is one of America’s strongest, most financially stable companies thanks to the company’s dedication and support of the federal worker. Check out the Technology Sub-Community of which they are a council member.

Corey McCarren
    Participant

I apparently have a slight lawn guys land accent as I’ve found since I moved to DC. When I went to Ghana it was pretty difficult reading through their accents!

Eric Koch
    Participant

Good stuff, love the commercials and yes, before relocating back to the DC area I was living in the Richmond area for nearly 10 years and people’s accents and manners were quite different. The one that used to give me a cringe was when I would ask a question like “Did you turn in your TPS reports” and a typical response I would get was, “Do what?”

What is “Do what?” What are you doing to what?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.