Do You Like Your Job?

Home Forums Human Resources Do You Like Your Job?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Jenyfer Johnson 7 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Doris Tirone
    Participant

OPM began distributing it’s annual job satisfaction survey this month.

What will we find out this year about how govies view their organizations?

Having just learned how CareerCast rank ordered 200 jobs from best to work: What do you think about your job? Your organization? Working with elected officials? Etc.?

Jenyfer Johnson
    Participant

I actually love my job….it’s some of the people and parts of the organization that I don’t care for. As my grandmother used to say, “I like humanity as a whole, it’s people I have a problem with.”

Doris Tirone
    Participant

HR professionals know that every organization can expect at least 1% of its workforce to be “challenging” at best. That having been said, I like what I do, where I do it, and the people with whom I work. I’m one of the fortunates, I think, but I’m very happy to have succcessfully done my research before seeking job opportunities with my current employer!

Mark Hammer
    Participant

I’m off to see (head of OPM) John Berry give a talk tomorrow. I should ask him.

Jeff S
    Participant

I like my job only wish upper mgmt would quit micro managing everything.

Terrence Hill
    Participant

I love the potential for my job. However, I often feel frustrated when I can’t perform my job. I don’t think that the results of this year’s viewpoint survey will vary too much from last year’s. I just hope my agency can get it’s act together and implement new programs to improve our score. That’s what would make my job that much engaging.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.