Encouraging use of Gov Loop Groups

Home Forums Miscellaneous Encouraging use of Gov Loop Groups

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Adriel Hampton 6 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Mike Lowell
    Participant

We have a relatively new Gov Loop Group out in Colorado…and I am trying to encourage both membership and participation. I am hoping to create a forum where (mostly fed) workers can dialogue about sustainability issues…pose questions, solicit ideas and help, or even find resources. I would appreciate your thoughts and experiences.

Adriel Hampton
    Participant

It’s definitely not easy to keep participation up in the groups. Going in, I would encourage you to plan time to spark conversations, e-mail members about relevant content from time to time, and also highlight through e-mails discussions of interest on the main GovLoop page or in the archives.

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Couple quick suggestions:

-Welcome new members

-Poke people – if theres a question, send the group a message to all. If fits someones niche, ask them to answer
    -Ask fun easy question – gets people going – whether introduce yourself thread or something fun

-Be regular- try to post a question/link at least every couple days…doesn’t have to be much

In the end, it’s kind of like a dinner party. People have to feel welcome, given easy questions to answer – 3 words why you are here, and host regular dinner parties so people feel comfortable

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.