June 29, 2011 at 7:18 pm #134276
Mission Essential Personnel is currenlty looking to fill the position of Logistician 2- Facilities Coordinator who would manage premises occupied by MEP. Responsibilities include maintenance and renovation of buildings, offices and facilities. Plans, budgets and schedules facilities modifications including cost estimates, bid sheets, layouts and contracts for construction and acquisition. Inspects construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established specifications and standards. Ensures compliance with all applicable law and P&P. May coordinate activities related to occupancy and floor space allocation. May perform minor construction duties such as patch and paint drywall, mount whiteboards, etc.
• Assists in the analysis and development of facilities projects supporting staff in the organization.
• Actively monitor and maintain record of all related support leases. (Copier, furniture, utility, tele/data, to name just a few)
• This incumbent performs a variety of administrative and supply functions in support of Directorate of Logistics to include preparation and submission of purchase requests, inventory management and other financial documents.
• Coordinates efforts with building management.
• Performs audits of financial documents for completeness and equipment identification.
• Seeks methods to improve services and reduce costs.
• Organize and track accounting of running balances, distribution, and expenditures.
• Have broad understanding of interrelated chain of activities involving process of supply, extending from conception or acquisition of a new item through storage, distribution, property utilization, consumption, or disposal.
• Ensure facility and repair items are properly justified and purchased using appropriate methods including open market and sole source.
• Work with users to determine appropriate substitutions.
• Review; analyze wide variety program reports to track facility vacancies, subcontractor performance, facility material life cycle and similar program conditions.
• Assists in review and analysis of a wide variety of program reports to track facility vacancies, subcontractor performance, facility material life cycle and similar program conditions.
• Assists in determination of types of consumables/repairable items to be ordered and stored at various sites.
• Establish analytical work in managing and controlling material.
• Applies knowledge of present or proposed programs, program changes, work operations, work sequences/schedules and of technical characteristics or properties of facility items to plan and forecast inventory needs under changing technological or situational program requirements.
• Coordinate requirements with users, seek assistance in identifying and locating required items, resolve user problems associated with obtaining and maintaining stocks, and prepare written analyses of activities and problems with recommendations for solutions.
• Assists in development and publishing of Facilities Management Standing Operating Procedures.
• Applies established supply and safety policies, day-to-day servicing techniques, regulations, and procedures to support local supply activities.
• Ensures work is timely, efficient, and of acceptable quality. Ensures completed work meets project and program objectives.
• Plans and conducts functional technical activities for projects and programs. Use varied approaches to resolve or collaborate on project and program issues.
• Facilitates cooperative interactions with others and guides and supports others in executing team assignments. Proactively function as an integral part of the team.
• Provide support and backup to the Logistics and Purchasing sections as required.
• Maintains positive and professional customer relations with all customers, internal and external.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma. BA degree in a related Construction or Business field highly preferred. Construction management experience especially in office/tenant finish helpful. Facilities management experience also very helpful. Looking for someone with verifiable construction/facilities background who is willing to learn and grow in a very fast paced busy environment. Communication and customer service skills are essential to this position as well as a focus on detail and documentation. This position works with the full spectrum of personnel, from executive to staff to service providers. Proficient in use of MS Office Suite. Experienced in safe employment of tools, ladders and other construction devices.
To apply for this position, click here.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.