Favorite Annual Conferences?

Home Forums Leadership and Management Favorite Annual Conferences?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Steve Ressler 8 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Lauren Modeen
    Participant

Obviously FOSE, live and virtual is a big one, as is SXSW for many Gov2.0 types. What other conferences do you attend and look forward to?

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Been to ELC and MOC (ACT/IACs two main events for primarily IT folks). Those are usually good.

I’ve been to a bunch but there’s not 1 that rocks everything out every year IMHO. But I’ve heard Personally Democracy Forum is pretty much that for Open Gov type folks.

Jonathan D. Abolins
    Participant

Some of the conferences, I found good for my information security and related interests are:

• Techno-Forensics in October at NIST in Gaithersburg, MD.
    • TeleStrategies ISSworld Americas conference for Intelligence Support Systems for Lawful Interception, Criminal Investigations and Intelligence Gathering in DC.
    • GovSec security conference in DC.
    • Defcon
    • Black Hat
    • Hackers on Planet Earth (HOPE) conferences held even-numbered years in New York City.

Not that that I attend all of these in the same year. It’s whatever I can afford out of pocket. (Defcon & Black Hat confs have so far been out of reach for me.)

Peg Hosky
    Participant

IRMCO rocks!

Linda W. Odell
    Participant

When funds allow, I like to attend the NAGW which is a National organization for Governmental Webmasters.

Jonathan D. Abolins
    Participant

Adding a regular mini-conference to my earlier list…

Saecur (formerly SunTzuData) has been hosting monthly mini-conferences in the DC-MD-NoVa area. The evening DojoSec Monthly Brieifings each have have several info security & data forensics speakers.
    More info and videos of earlier DMBs at http://www.saecur.com/us/

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.