January 13, 2012 at 8:44 pm #149540
The GovDelivery Federal team drives significant and steadily growing revenues via our growing suite of Digital Communications capabilities, delivered on our SaaS platform. The Federal Account Consultant functions as an “Executive Officer (XO),” providing support on presentation development, document preparation (Account Plans, Meeting Agendas, Statements of Work, Proposals), and checklists for follow-up actions. The Account Consultant will also conduct some meetings independently, at the direction of the Senior Vice President, to whom this position reports.
GovDelivery provides suite of digital communications offerings, including Citizen Service Management, Collaboration, Professional Services and Digital Communications Management (DCM), an emerging standard for government agencies across the US, as well as in the UK and Europe.
Each calendar quarter, GovDelivery transmits over 1 billion messages for its clients. What we do makes a difference for our clients and for our nation. Our Federal clients include agencies and/or offices in most Cabinet departments. See the current complete client list at http://www.govdelivery.com/whos-using-gd/full-list/federal.
The ideal candidate will have experience in outside sales, proposal development, and account management in the Federal government market. Join us to make a difference for GovDelivery and, most importantly, for our Federal government clients.
- Develop first drafts of all documents needed to progress sales process (Account Plans, client/prospect communications, meeting agendas, checklists for follow-up actions, statements of work, and proposals)
- Attend key meetings with prospects, taking notes on significant points, and creating action checklists
- Accurately track all activity and notes in SalesForce CRM in a timely manner for self and the SVP
- Complete quarterly updates of Account Plans, referencing relevant items in SalesForce
- Communicate efficiently with consultants, partners, and resellers to maintain positive relationships and maximize sales results
- Understand complex customer requirements for digital communications with the public, including operational, business, and technical categories
- Create meeting notes and custom presentations from standard templates
- Collaborate with SVP and other colleagues to develop and implement effective strategies for winning in a competitive environment
- Support SVP in all activities necessary to meet and exceed quarterly sales targets
- Qualify marketing generated leads at the direction of the SVP
- Team efficiently and effectively with Client Success Consultants on upsell and cross-sell opportunities
- Confident, competitive, thorough, flexible, and tenacious – focused on winning sales
- Proven track record selling in the Federal government market as an Account Executive and/or Account Manager
- Excellent presentation development skills and demonstrated facility with PowerPoint
- World class communications including writing skills, as demonstrated in sample documents, including statements of work and proposal sections
- Goal-oriented and self-motivated
- Successfully working independently and as a team member
- Demonstrated facility with MS Powerpoint, Excel and Word
- Success managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- 5+ years Federal market experience in IT, information services, or business services
- Experience with software sold on a subscription model (SaaS)
- Passion for public sector success
- Demonstrated success partnering with consultants and/or resellers
- Occasional (less than 10%) travel to company HQ and to some Federal clients outside the Washington metro area
- Bachelor’s degree
The compensation package will be tailored to the candidate commensurate with candidate’s experience and skills. Compensation will include base salary and performance-based incentives. Benefits include paid vacation and holidays, medical and dental plan, and matching 401(k). GovDelivery is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this position, send your resume to:
Location: Washington, D.C.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.