October 20, 2010 at 5:51 pm #113196
Federal Advisory Audit opportunities available ....
MorganFranklin is a business and technology solutions company. We move fast to help clients convert high-stakes financial, operations and IT challenges into value and progress. Fast access to diverse expertise, from auditor to engineer, makes us the best choice for those who value looking at challenges from all angles to satisfy immediate needs and the goal of sustainable and long-lasting solutions. Look for us to go beyond the "quick-fix" to improve the competitiveness, efficiency, and effectiveness of your enterprise.
MorganFranklin is currently looking for experienced professionals that possess a strong federal auditing background and desire to perform a number of tasks supporting our client in achieving audit readiness. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to deliver excellence to a variety of Federal Government clients. Our current client is responsible for the monitoring and execution of the DON FIP. Support is required in the following areas: 1) financial management and accounting operations, 2) internal control management, 3) audit readiness support, and 4) general areas which encompass FIP concepts, to include system efforts. It is expected that support will be necessary at or around DON installations and stations worldwide to include DFAS office locations.
As a part of MorganFranklin’s Public Sector Practice, you will provide support and insight as well as deliver quality audit readiness and remediation support focused on surpassing expectations at our federal client that will make a difference in their ability to achieve audit readiness, increase efficiency, enhance productivity, and improve controls while advancing their critical missions.
Performing support services on tasks such as:
• Able to execute OMB A-123, FMFIA, FFMIA, internal control testing and review;
• FIP plans development and maintenance, Corrective action plans, Human capital development through training support and development, Knowledge
management and change management, Guidance development and promulgation;
• Discovery efforts;
• Valuation of assets including real property, general and military equipment ;
• Research and reconciliation of accounting transactions; Resolution of problem disbursements;
• Management of overage receivables and payables;
• Financial Metrics analysis and reporting;
• Financial statement analysis and support;
• Financial system interfaces and data mapping;
• Data cleansing and Navy ERP support;
• Process flows and analysis;
• Risk analysis and mitigation strategies;
• Testing of controls;
• Process monitoring and improvement;
• OMB A-123 implementation support;
• Training and training support;
• Audit Readiness Support;
• Support the completion of project specific tasks within estimated time frames and budget constraints;
• Monitor project performance and staff relationships;
• Reviews all documentation prepared by more junior personnel and is responsible for initial drafting of final;
• Project reports prior to submission for approval;
• Conducts performance reviews of other less experienced staff;
• Corrects errors identified during acceptance process;
• Interfaces with the client on a day-to-day basis;
• Supports presentations and client meetings;
• Providing recommendations for efficiency improvement;
• Define, develop, and manage process improvement implementations plan;
• Assisting with implementation of the improvements;
• Perform project management activities;
• Design enterprise processes;
• Communicate with process stakeholders and customers at senior executive levels;
• Train personnel on improved processes and disciplines;
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• 3 - 10 years of consulting experience, with at least 5 years preferred at a large profession services firm
• Experience with CFO Act Audits, DoD processes for financial controls and knowledge of federal regulations such as OMB A-11, A-123, A-136 et al…
• Familiar with the Statements of Federal Financial Accounting Standards of the Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board.
• Knowledge of DoD financial processes, statutes and regulations;
• Understanding of the inter-relation between all fields of the ‘DoD/DON acquisition processes;’
• Able to meet CPE requirements of Government Auditing Standards (Yellow Book)
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including MS Project and MS Visio
• Team dynamics and facilitation
Additionally, candidates should possess the following traits:
• Consummate team player
• Collaborative team building skills
• Excellent listening skills
• High integrity, follow through and detailed orientation
• Ability to build trust and quickly establish credibility with all levels of an organization
• Ability to work independently
• Flexible style and approach
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to recognize and think through patterns and put details together
• Outstanding written and presentation skills
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in relevant business or technical field. An additional 4 years of experience can be substituted for the Bachelors degree.
One or more of the following certifications are preferred: CPA, CGFM, CDFM & CIA
Work location, Norfolk, VA
Must be willing to travel 25-35%
CONTACT [email protected] for more information!!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.