May 24, 2010 at 1:04 pm #101112
Company and Product Summary
GovDelivery is the world’s leading email subscription management system designed specifically for the public sector. It empowers organizations to provide citizens with better service and access to relevant information by proactively delivering new information through email, wireless alerts, and RSS. GovDelivery is used by over one hundred public sector organizations worldwide, including the FBI, Center for Disease Control, Social Security Administration, U.S. Departments of Defense, Homeland Security, Labor, State, Agriculture, Transportation, and Commerce; U.K. Parliament; Washington, D.C.; Orange County, CA; the cities of St. Paul and Minneapolis (MN); Tri-County Metropolitan District of Oregon (TriMet); and many other cities, counties, state agencies and transit authorities across the country.
These public sector organizations send millions of targeted email messages using GovDelivery every month. In the past year, the company has doubled its client base and grown its workforce by over 60% to keep pace with its rapidly growing client base. GovDelivery is one of the fastest growing software companies in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. The company received the Minneapolis St. Paul Business Journal’s Fast 50 award in 2006, 2007 and 2008, an award given to the 50 fastest-growing private companies in the Twin Cities. We are passionate about helping government entities around the world communicate more effectively with the public.
We are looking for an experienced Inside Sales person who will generate, qualify and nurtureprospective clients in order to develop new sales opportunities for the field sales team. This will involve administrative support, extensive research and prospect interaction as well as developing, managing and potentially closing smaller opportunities. This position reports to the Vice President, Federal Consulting Practice. The Business Development Specialist position provides tremendous growth opportunity and has exposure to Marketing, Client Services, Product Management and many other departments within the organization. Strong candidates will be focused on professional development and motivated to excel.
- Follow-up on in-bound leads and targeted marketing campaigns.
- Conduct strategic cold call prospecting as directed.
- Coordinate with marketing department to execute strategic, targeted prospect marketing campaigns using email and phone calls.
- Assist in the development/completion/submission of RFIs / RFPs, basic prospect proposals, sales follow-up documents, contracts and other miscellaneous prospect communications.
- Provide and/or coordinate appropriate resources, such as on-line demonstrations and send the appropriate marketing materials/events to a prospect in order to educate and nurture/advance sales cycles.
- Conduct/coordinate research on targeted prospects, profile prospects and update account information in the company’s sales force automation tool to ensure appropriate sales and marketing coverage.
- Work closely with field sales team to communicate and coordinate lead and opportunity pipeline development as well as the transition of sales opportunities at the appropriate time.
· Develop and keep current in-depth knowledge of public sector market, GovDelivery’s products and services, and competitive positioning.
The ideal candidate will meet most of the following criteria:
- Bachelors Degree
- Two to five years of work experience; preferably in a sales, business-to-business telemarketing or business development environment.
- Experience utilizing the phone, email, marketing materials, and marketing campaigns/events to locate and/or create new sales license opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to assess sales opportunities and move the prospects through a sequence of events to develop and progress a sales cycle.
- Experience differentiating and positioning a product in the marketplace.
- Ability to articulate features of a product’s capabilities in terms the prospect can understand and visualize using to meet their goals and objectives.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, plan and coordinate activities/time, ability to manage one’s workload.
- Sound communications skills including excellent phone presentation skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
· General knowledge of federal government procurement
- Knowledge of Web technologies (preferably Software as a Service)
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.