December 21, 2010 at 4:29 pm #118460
The GovDelivery Federal Enterprise Sales Consultant will represent GovDelivery in the Federal marketplace with responsibility for client acquisition and revenue growth within certain federal departments and independent agencies.
The position will report to the Senior Vice President, Federal. This position requires exceptional consultative selling skills, problem solving ability, and an ability to translate the capabilities of a technology platform into specific benefits for a given agency. GovDelivery works with all sizes of organizations and the GovDelivery Federal Consultant must be comfortable handling many accounts at a time.
The Federal Enterprise Sales Consultant will have expertise in selling technology products to program, public affairs and technology leadership within government—preferably products related to citizen service, citizen relationship management (CRM), or e-government, bring a detail-oriented approach to the job and have the skills and experience to lead the entire sales process from lead generation to procurement working with GovDelivery’s client success consultants, inside sales, marketing, and contract resources..
- Represent GovDelivery professionally and effectively with senior Federal executives in communications, public affairs, program management, e-government and CIO roles
- Articulate the connection between prospect needs and our mission to “maximize direct connections through digital communications.”
- Achieve annual sales quota, with emphasis on consistent quarterly attainment
- Build business strategy to generate both short and long-term business for all products
- Increase awareness of GovDelivery offerings; build and strengthen customer relationships in the public sector
- Develop new business in target Federal organizations directly and through Federal partners
- Provide accurate sales projections and keep thorough records of customer interactions
- 25% or less travel
- Three or more years of increasing responsibility in a senior sales role at a successful software company
- Track record of generating strong sales growth in previous positions; consistently meeting/exceeding quotas by consistently bringing on 15 or more new clients per year
- Impressive track record selling products related to the federal government, citizen service, citizen relationship management (CRM), or e-government.
- Expertise using solution selling techniques
- Proven account planning skills
- Strong knowledge of government procurement
- Trusted advisor relationships with key government personnel
- Aptitude for crafting engaging communications to the appropriate technical level
- Knowledge of Web technologies
- Proven ability to track and measure results using CRM tools to drive and accelerate the sales process
- Bachelors degree
Additionally, the ideal candidate for this position will likely meet many of the following requirements:
- Deep experience with a sales methodology that focuses on customer information-gathering and consultative selling
- Passion for public sector success
- Product experience working with SaaS offerings
- Enterprise sales with licenses or subscriptions, recurring revenue models
- Familiarity with website interactive capabilities, including multiple digital communication options (e-mail, SMS, RSS, etc)
- Ability to simplify the sale of a complex, highly technical service
- Strong analytical skills
- Outstanding team player
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
This position is critical to the success of our business and the compensation package will be tailored to the candidate commensurate with candidate's experience and skills. Compensation will include base salary and performance-based incentives. Benefits include paid vacation and holidays, medical and dental plan, and matching 401(k).
To apply for this position, send your resume to:
Location: Washington, DC
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.