Federal News Radio Book Club: Drive by Daniel Pink

Home Forums Budgeting Federal News Radio Book Club: Drive by Daniel Pink

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Christopher Dorobek 7 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Christopher Dorobek
    Participant

Last year, I created something called the Federal News Radio Book Club.
    The idea is simple — it is something like the Oprah book club, but we
    talk about books that help you do your job better. And it isn’t a
    physical meeting. It is a radio gathering — we gather and discuss a
    book.

I’ve just selected the next book — and it is a book that will spur you to think.

The book: Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel H. Pink

The details:
    When: Friday, April 2 at 3p ET
    Where: On Federal News Radio 1500 AM’s Daily Debrief with Chris Dorobek and A… and on FederalNewsRadio.com
    The book: Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel H. Pink. Amy and I will be there with Pink — and I’m working on some special guests to join the discussion.

Essentially
    his thesis is that it is time for a new way of motivating people —
    motivation 3.0, if you will. And he argues that there is real evidence
    that the traditional carrot-and-stick approach isn’t effective for the
    challenges facing most organizations today.

Get more information about the book — and why I selected it — on the DorobekINSIDER.

I’m hoping that we can have a discussion of the book here — as you read it, share your thoughts, ideas, questions, how it applies to government… and we can use it as fodder for the Federal News Radio Book Club “meeting” on Friday, April 2 at 3p ET.

Also — if you have thoughts about people that would contribute to the discussion… thoughts welcome.

Christopher Dorobek
    Participant

The Federal News Radio Book Club is on the air LIVE today at 3p ET and online at FederalNewsRadio.com

Listen LIVE online

Read the DorobekINSIDER liner notes

If you have questions or comments, post questions here… or Tweet me @CDorobek or Amy @AMorris_WFED.

Christopher Dorobek
    Participant

Listen to the Federal News Radio Book Club — including GovLoop’s Steve Ressler — talk about Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us, by Daniel Pink
    http://federalnewsradio.com/?nid=150&sid=1926038

A CJD fav Federal News Radio Book Club.

Thanks Steve for participating!!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.