Federal Resume Writing/Review Services

Home Forums Careers Federal Resume Writing/Review Services

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  James Highland 7 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

I would like some personalized assistance in reviewing and editing my resume. I am sure there are many changes I should make so that it is more effective and to the point but would like help doing so. Have any of you used any of the online companies offering such services and if so, can you make a recommendation based on your experience? Also, have you found any free resources to be helpful?

James Highland
    Participant

I would be more than happy to provide you personal assistance in reviewing/editing your resume. My only request is that you visit my website at federalresumetips.com to ensure you are on the right path. I have been an HR Professional in the government for nearly 20 years and I can honestly say that most applicants do not take the time to learn how to construct a government resume. I have done a lot of research, and I have been in the industry for a long time. I have created the Federal Resume Toolbox, which will provide you with clear-cut, concise information to write an effective federal resume.

Esther Dacanay
    Participant

There are lots of great resume writing services out there. Look into http://www.FederalResumix.com

Sarah Caramanica
    Participant

One thing is if you are going to use a service and pay for it, you should look at what those individuals have written on the topics. Many federal resume writers and federal career coaches write for various publications like FEDmanager or Federal Times. Reading these articles will give you an idea of the experience the professional has and it might give you some free advice without having to pay for it. Here is another good article on the Washington Post. Hope that’s helpful!

Hi Michelle – I was just doing a search and noticed this forum from over a year ago. I am really happy to announce that GovLoop and Young Government Leaders have teamed up to create the “Rock Your Resume” program – it allows you to submit your resume and get it reviewed (for free) by an expert:

Rock Your Resume Project

Charles O. Coody
    Participant

Could someone please review and assist in helping me find where I may need some help in shaping up my resume. All is welcomed to edit and assist.

Thank you

Charles Coody
    6300 E. 102nd St.
    Kansas City, MO 64134
    Phone: (816) 763-0883
    E-mail: [email protected]

Objective

To achieve my Associates Degree in the Business Administration field with emphasis in Management/Human Resources. Applying all my skills and knowledge in a position in which I can prove to be a continuing asset to my employer.

Summary of Qualifications

I have several years of experience in the Insurance, Administration and Health Care field as a Customer Service Representative and Administrative Assistant. I believe my qualifications and experience would be a great asset to any company.

Trouble Shooting: Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.

Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one. Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.

Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.

Office Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Access, Power Point, Kronos, PeopleSoft, IBM AS400 System, First Net – Star Navigator System, Outlook Express , Lotus Notes, Type 51wpm, Ten key by touch

Education

SophomoreLongview Community College
    Associates Degree – Business Administration /Management – My graduation date is going to be around May/2012

Work Experience

02/2011 – Current

Medical Support Assistant

1/2009 – 2/2011: Seeking Employment

Customer Service Representative (11/2008 — 1/2009)

US Toy, Grandview, MO

• Confer with customers by telephone or in person in order to provide information about products and service, to take orders or cancel accounts, or to obtain details of complaints.
    • Kept records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquires, complaints, comments, as well as actions taken.
    • Resolve customer service billing complaints by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money and adjusting bills.
    • Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customer problems.
    • Contact customers to respond to inquiries or to notify them of claim investigation results and any planned adjustments.

4/2008 – 11/2008: Seeking Employment

Victim Assistance Representative (1/2007 — 3/2008)

Sprint, Overland Park, KS

• Monitored existing and potential fraudulent situations by the fraud department.
    • Implemented policies and procedures designed to identify and deter fraudulent usage, potential cases of fraud, including cloning and identity theft.
    • When fraud is identified, researched and/or notified appropriate internal staff for customer verification or legal action and troubleshoots basic problems and recommends a course of action.

11/2006 – 01/2007: Seeking Employment

Associate Pharmacy Tech II (12/2005 — 10/2006)

Prescription Solutions, Overland Park, KS

Responsible for understanding and answering questions about specialty programs for Medicare Part A, B and D. Received written prescription or refill requests and verify that information is complete and accurate. Assist customers by answering questions, locating items or referring them to the pharmacist for medication information. This also involved sharing information with other medical departments under the HIPAA guidelines. Explain patient Benefits and educate patients on new prescription plans. Contact patients and Doctors, and take prescription orders. Assist Pharmacist regarding patient co-payments and overriding co-payments when necessary.

Administrative Assist. / Customer Service Representative (02/2004 — 11/2005)

Volt Staffing Services, Overland Park, KS

Maintained records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints and comments, as well as actions taken. Administrative support to office management and using computers, computers systems to set-up functions, enter data, or process information. Entering, transcribing, recording, storing or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form in compliance with each companies guidelines and regulations. Confer with customers by telephone or in person in order to provide information about products and service, to take orders or cancel accounts, or to obtain details of complaints.

Senior Office Support Assistant (08/2002 – 01/2004)

Department of Natural Resources, Kansas City, MO

Provided administrative support to the director and office personnel, inputting payroll/time records, generating correspondence letters, review documents for accuracy, completeness and in compliance with state procedures. Maintained personnel files, accounting records, meeting deadlines in a timely manner, and coordinating travel arrangements. Prepared supply requisitions, purchase orders, maintained inventory files on access and excel programs. Maintained facility publications with the use of various software to complete all assignments.

Customer Service Representative (05/2000 to 07/2002)

Teletech Postal Support, Kansas City, KS

Provided administrative support to postal service personnel also my duties included but not limited to handling inbound calls pertaining to postal services for residential and business customers, data entry, giving information on the weight of items. Supplying shipping information either within the US or overseas also giving the restrictions on what cannot be shipped and general information on zip codes as well.

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Hey Charles – Please leave your info and submit into the Rock your resume group https://www.govloop.com/group/rockyourresume

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.