Federally Employed Women’s Conference-Day 1 and 2

Home Forums Leadership and Management Federally Employed Women’s Conference-Day 1 and 2

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Steve Ressler 8 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Rhonda Belser-Davis
    Participant

On Monday, thousands of federally employed women converged on Orlando Florida for training and networking at the FEW Conference. The week began on Monday with registration and agency hosted forums. My agency is HHS and they had a forum but it was not printed in the brochure nor did the volunteers know about it so I missed it. After missing that, I took time to go to Cocoa Beach. It was worth it.
    Official Day 2-my day one- began with the Keynote opening session. There was a parade of Navy Guard and chapter leaders followed waving their state flags. This was followed by a sensational nine year old who sang the National Anthem. Then we sat through a long awards ceremony that really could have been deleted but we were served a pretty good breakfast and that kept our interest. The Keynote speaker was great. Susan Miller is an inspirational speaker that taught us about the power of positive thinking. She was charming and funny and made the event. It was worth it. I did not have any classes today because of my late registration but I am looking forward to full day Wednesday and Thursday.
    Is there anyone else here at the convention?

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Cool stuff. From my attendance on Monday it looked like a great lineup and great sessions and networking.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.