Five or Six best places to retire on social security.

Home Forums Acquisitions Five or Six best places to retire on social security.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew Krzmarzick 6 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

mary malone
    Participant

I was reading an article today concerning the best places to retire on $600 per month social security for retirees and expats. I had to switch applications because AOL would not download Adobe Reader so that I could view the remainder of the article. I somehow lost the feed on the article and have been unable to find it again. Please redirect me to the place I can find that article.

Thank you for your response.

Here it is:

http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/On-Retirement/2010/6/14/5-place

But I’d also like to know if people are actually planning to follow this advice…

And where in the United States are they finding that they can retire on Social Security alone?

Henry Brown
    Participant

Depends on how well you have planned for retirement, IF you are NOT limited to $600 per month for each retiree…

Doubt if there is any place in the USA that would permit retirement on 600/1200 per month.

If one did NOT have any house payments, transportation expenses, property taxes were extremely low, and medical expenses were non-existent one could probably live on ~ 30,000 dollars per year.

There are a few places in the small towns of USA where I believe that this could probably be pulled off.

Rosemarie Franz
    Participant

I found the same article. Interesting. Haven’t found an answer to your 2nd question.

mary malone
    Participant

These places are not in the US. They are islands or places like that, other countries. Anyone would know it’s not possible in the US. That’s why I was so interested in it. I just reached out to anyone who I thought might know. Sorry to bother you with this. I’m new to the site.

mary malone
    Participant

It’s not in the US. Why is everyone assuming it’s in the US? It’s an island or some other country. I asked the online editor for info and got a return article. I still haven’t read it. Apparently, there are places in the world where you can live like a human being and not worry about how you’re going to feed yourself.

mary malone
    Participant

I got an email from Kathleen Peddicord with ways to retire oversees without paying taxes. There is material mentioning Panama. [email protected], is the response I got from the someplace.

mary malone
    Participant

Kathleen Peddicord, [email protected]. That’s what I have found. These places are not in the US. Come on, now, everyone knows that.

mary malone
    Participant

Kathleen Peddicord, [email protected]. Could be fun. I hope somebody checks this out. Wish I could do it myself.

mary malone
    Participant

Thank you so much, AK. We all appreciate it very much. This is perfect for the present economic climate and gives us all a great deal of hope for life after retirement.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.