December 8, 2011 at 9:24 pm #147232
Flood Recovery Program Manager
City of Cedar Rapids
Pay Range: $59,134 to $81,203 annually
The City of Cedar Rapids is recruiting for an experienced project manager to oversee $20,000,000 in flood recovery projects. The successful candidate will oversee a staff of six dedicated employees working to ensure FEMA and CDBG reimbursement. Due to the nature of this position (flood recovery) the assignment’s duration is contingent upon CDBG funding and shall be available for a period to coincide with the demolition process. This is a salaried position eligible for the full City benefits package.
Applicants must meet all minimum requirements to be considered. To ensure proper assessment of your abilities please address each requirement listed in a cover letter or resume. Applicants must submit an employment application and cover letter and/or resume to [email protected] for consideration.
Minimum Requirements for Consideration:
- Absolutely must have - thorough knowledge of construction and demolition process
- 5 years of experience in the construction field that includes both residential and commercial construction and a four year college degree or 9 years of experience without a four year degree.
- 5 years supervisory experience over a minimum of four direct reports
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Project management experience: to include estimating costs, securing bids, ensuring work is conducted properly and timely and that documentation of the process is detailed and accurate to ensure reimbursement from federal funding sources.
- Computer literate
- Iowa driver’s license by hire date
- Knowledge of FEMA and CDBG reimbursement requirements
- Multidiscipline code knowledge or experience
- Advanced degree (MPA or MBA)
- NIMS, FEMA and OSHA familiarity
- Knowledge of hazard abatement and environmental testing
Examples of Essential Work Functions
- Manages the CDBG staff on day to day operations consistent with the demolition process
- Assists the Flood Recovery & Reinvestment Director on City projects, FEMA and CDBG projects
- Performs demolition estimates and prepares bid and specification documents
- Oversees and manages the contractors performing flood recovery work
- Indentifies, assesses and abates flood nuisance properties
- Oversees demolition activities as assigned
- Prepares contracts, selection and supervision of contractors necessary to do the demolition and clean-up work
- Oversees environmental testing and abatement as well as actual demolition and clean up;
- Serves as Flood Recovery & Reinvestment Director as needed
Additional details and the City application are available on our website: http://www.cedar-rapids.org click on EMPLOYMENT at the top right to view open positions.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as this position will close without notice when a suitable candidate is found.
Pre-employment drug screen required
Assistance provided to disabled individuals upon request
Equal Opportunity Employer
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.