Frequency of Tweets – Best Practice?

Home Forums Miscellaneous Frequency of Tweets – Best Practice?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Adriel Hampton 7 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Noel Carr
    Participant

What are you thoughts on the frequency of Tweets? Let’s say we’re promoting a webinar on the 30th of any given month. How far in advance do we start tweeting to promote? How many tweets in total should we do? Is there a best practice??

Adriel Hampton
    Participant

Many other variables are more important – or must precede – frequency of tweets – who is following, what else the account is posting about, whether your are targeting specific people or niches, etc.. I’d suggest identifying someone within your organization or participating in the webinar who is an experienced user and get their input.

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Fascinating question.

My suggestion is:
    -Build up relationships over time – not just 1-time
    -Twitter is so real-time – I’d tweet occasionally maybe once every other day building up and then couple times per day when near.
    -Saw a best practice that said over 50% you should be sharing, RT, promoting others rather than yourself on Twitter. I agree on that one…

Noel Carr
    Participant

Agreed. RT’ing is a great way to better the chances that others will RT you in the future.

Matt Zuby
    Participant

Along with RT…i think its important to mix in thoughts and opinions with your PR-tweeting. Twitter messengers who only market their events and dont provide any other value to viewers can quickly lose the attention of their audience.

Edward Williams
    Participant

I am in no way an expert on Twitter…. in fact, I am pretty new at it, but one thing I’ve noticed is that it’s a give-and-take kind world. Meaning, you have to do what you expect others to do for you.

Here is an article that I keep referring to quite often. The gist of it is
    * listen — retweet
    * listen — respond
    * promote — but with care.

As far as best practice for the frequency, I’d say increase it as you get closer to the event – like Steve Said – but don’t go crazy 🙂

Kristina K Summers
    Participant

I think that from what I have learned about tweeting it is important to build momentum. What I mean by that is that it is important to build relationships even on Twitter. If you are tweeting an event, you don’t begin a campaign aimed at the users you don’t have, you base it on the ones you have with the hopes that your audience will grow. Knowing that, you don’t want to overwhelm your followers or turn them off by tweeting to often. That said however, those on twitter expect a certain amount of information in “real time’ and do not not want to wait. Many agencies tweet as often as three times per day with varying subject matter and I think that works. With an event, start with reminder blasts as one of your regular tweets, then as you get closer add more to the roster. But be sure to vary them – so that they appeal to various audiences as well. If you send the same tweet over and over, people will either tune out or worse choose to leave the stream and mark you as SPAM.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.