September 18, 2014 at 1:47 pm #232424
Are you passionate about the future of learning? Excited about innovative learning approaches like flipped classrooms, hybrid online/in-person programs, new learning methodologies, bite-sized learning? Do you love sites like Khan Academy, Skillshare, eLearning Guild, and EdSurge?
Help us re-invent learning in the public sector at GovLoop, the largest online learning community for 150,000+ public sector professionals. Join our rapidly growing learning team, which is responsible helping government agency clients improve their learning activities with innovative and cost-effective approaches. Members of our award-winning learning team have won grants from the Knight Foundation, keynoted at multiple government training events, received the Massie 30 Under 30 Award, and launched innovative flipped classroom and social learning programs at multiple government agencies.
The Learning Strategist and Designer is responsible for supporting all GovLoop training and career development activities. In particular, this position will assist with the production and execution of GovLoop’s virtual learning programs (creating online learning hubs / virtual classrooms and transforming in-person events into engaging online delivery, including MOOCs, social learning courses, interactive live webinars, virtual career fairs/conferences and more). This person will also manage the GovLoop Mentors Program and support the creation of digital guides, blogs and other career-related resources.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
· Assist with planning, developing, managing and evaluating in-person, online and hybrid training programs
· Consult with government agencies, subject matter experts and instructional designers to learn requirements and build innovative training programs and content
· Support learning technology initiatives, including webinars, podcast, online courses, self paced e-learning, and streaming video.
· Prepare regular program content and messaging (course descriptions, learning objectives, marketing emails, etc.)
· Interact directly with customers to manage and support project-related activities
· Support the identification and scheduling of Subject Matter Experts for training activities
· Engage in interviews with Subject Matter Experts for blog posts and learning content
· Research GovLoop and other websites for relevant learning program content
· Develop slide decks and other digital training materials, as needed
· Participate in developing business strategies for new and existing products that meet government training needs
· Assist with the preparation of business proposals and contract reporting activities, as needed
· Provide technical support and assistance during web-based training programs (i.e. webinars, virtual career fairs, virtual conferences, etc.)
· Support hybrid programs, such as the GovLoop Mentors Program
· Assist in maintaining and expanding GovLoop’s accreditation with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy to offer CPE credits
· Research other potential academic credentials that GovLoop may attain
· Research and draft career-related content, including guides, white papers, and blog posts
· Represent GovLoop at networking events in and around the Washington, DC area
· Bachelors or Masters degree in instructional technology, digital design, elearning, instructional design, or related experience
· 3-7 years experience developing and supporting online learning and other learning technologies preferred
· Experience or training in developing learning design documents, storyboards, and e-learning prototypes.
· Experience managing the full life cycle of training and learning program development projects.
· Excellent project management skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Domain experience in public sector preferred
· Knowledge of major online delivery and content sharing platforms (i.e. On24, WebEx, Adobe Connect, Google Hangout, WordPress, Blackboard, SharePoint, etc.)
· Proficient in multimedia/Web e-learning development using packages such as the Adobe eLearning Suite (Captivate, Presenter, Flash, DreamWeaver, etc.).
· Proficient in creating and editing images in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, and/or similar software packages.
· Experience with digital photography, videography, sound recording, and sound editing desired.
· Experience with Web markup languages including HTML, XML, and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) preferred
- This topic was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Catherine Andrews.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.