February 28, 2011 at 10:22 pm #124659
The Support Engineer works within the Technical Support group to provide second-and third-level technical support on production software. The Support Engineer is a detective whose knowledge in relational databases, UNIX scripting, web application administration and general knowledge of Internet communication protocols provides a valuable insight for solving problems. This position provides a bridge between customer support, technical operations, client implementation and product development.
GovDelivery’s platform transforms communication within the public sector in support of mission results to help save lives, save taxpayer dollars, improve citizen’s awareness and ability to impact their government, improve public health and support economic development. Every day:
- >10K citizens signup for updates from the Government through GovDelivery
- >10M messages go out to the public through GovDelivery via email, SMS and social media
- >1K government communicators use the GovDelivery system to reach stakeholders
- >2M views, clicks, transactions and other citizen engagement activities are generated by the GovDelivery platform
Join us to make a difference for the company and, most importantly, for our customers. The successful candidate for this role will be customer focused, have a good technical aptitude and excellent communication skills.
- Second and third-level technical support for GovDelivery production software
- Detailed bug and enhancement requests to the Development Team
- Debug application issues in production
- Custom reports and SQL to fulfill customer requests
- Write scripts and tools to support the operation of production software
- Rotating on-call application support
- Technical degree in Computer Science or related field (2 yrs) or equivalent
- Excellent organizational skills
- Technical customer support experience
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working with the UNIX command line, Oracle or SQL, scripting languages in UNIX and advanced HTML methods
- Self motivated and driven
- Dedication to the pursuit of excellence
- Passion for public sector success
Additionally, the ideal candidate for this position will have a history of successfully working with:
- Enterprise SaaS or web-hosted software
- Email technologies on the server and client side
- Ticketing systems such as SalesForce or a bug tracking system
- Java and/or Ruby
This position is critical to the success of our business and the compensation package will be tailored to the candidate commensurate with candidate’s experience and skills. Compensation will include base salary and performance-based incentives. Benefits include paid vacation and holidays, medical and dental plan, and matching 401(k).
To apply for this position, send your resume to:
Location: Saint Paul, MN
March 2, 2011 at 2:31 am #124661
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.