GovLaunch – CIA.gov Gets Social/Interactive Makeover

Home Forums Technology GovLaunch – CIA.gov Gets Social/Interactive Makeover

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Elliot Volkman 6 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Stephen Peteritas
    Participant

CIA.gov looked a little different this morning. The slew of updated features, allow visitors to connect to Agency content through social and interactive avenues.

First off there are now hot buttons on the homepage that take you to the CIA’s social media pages which include youtube, flickr and facebook. The CIA YouTube channel features current and historical videos about the Agency and the CIA Flickr site links to copyright-free pictures from CIA.gov.

The coolest part of the new site is the interactive section which right now features a timeline that takes your through the Agency’s history. Also you take a virtual tour of the Agency.

The Agency says that the improvements rolled out today are just the start so look back over the next few weeks to see what else the CIA is doing to make their web page awesome.

Elliot Volkman
    Participant

Well I guess that makes sense. I was curious why the CIA just recently joined Flickr this month. Hopefully they won’t have the same issue as the guy who had four years worth of photos accidentally deleted.

Josh Shpayher
    Participant

Not sure if i missed something, but I can’t find a link to a facebook page, nor can I find one in a google search. Is it possible you misread the CIA factbook as facebook?

Elliot Volkman
    Participant

I couldn’t find one either. There seems to be a few fake Facebook pages though.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.