December 3, 2010 at 7:41 pm #117193
Now this is an Apps contest that I can really get behind. HealthyPeople has launched a contest for people to develop applications that will lead people to healthier lifestyles.
The contest is part of Healthy People 2020 which is the national agenda for health promotion and disease prevention that outlines a set of health objectives for the US to achieve over a
Apps winners will be announced in late March. Developers can focus on any area that interests them as long as the app is geared towards health lifestyles.
Here’s a quick outline of what they are looking for:
Successful applications will make it easy for users to keep up with Healthy People and combine related data in meaningful ways. The app could include tools to help users integrate:
- The Healthy People 2020 health topic areas, objectives, and evidence-based resources of most interest to them
- The latest evidence-based clinical prevention interventions related to the these topics and objectives
- The latest related evidence-based community prevention interventions
- The latest related evidence-based individual preventive and health promoting interventions
- Communication with colleagues who share their health interests
- Healthy People e-mail updates
- Related news, analysis, and blogs from outside resources
- Related community level data, combining it with Healthy People data in innovative ways
- Community, county, state health status comparisons
What are some cool apps that you think they could make for this?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.