GovLaunch: mySkills myFuture

Home Forums Job Openings GovLaunch: mySkills myFuture

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mike Ellsworth 8 years ago.

• Author

Tricia
    Participant

I originally posted this announcement in my Employment: Job & Training Opportunites group:

Department of Labor launched on Labor Day the new mySkills myFuture. mySkillsmy Future helps laid-off workers and other career changers find new occupations to explore. You can identify occupations that require skills and knowledge similar to your current or previous job, learn more about these suggested matches, locate local training programs, and apply for jobs.

Mike Ellsworth
    Participant

Tricia,

Thanks for mentioning us! We’ve been very gratified by the response we’ve had since we launched the site on Labor Day.

Mike Ellsworth
    Program Director, CareerOneStop.org

Phyllis L. Alberici
    Participant

Great site but I’m not sure how this finds matches. For instance, I put in Training Director for current employment and one of the top two new job fields was as a log scaler/grader!

Mike Ellsworth
    Participant

Phyllis,

The match is done by comparing the knowledge, skills and abilities of the two occupations. So, believe it or not, your job has a lot in common with a log scaler/grader! Obviously, the matched occupation may not be feasible for the user, but insights like this might get the user thinking a little differently about their job search.

Thanks for the comment.

Tricia
    Participant

Update! Be sure to check out the latest DOL launch for those looking for work!

@ Mike – glad to mention it. Anything (this certainly seems to be a great tool for people) to help others out in these tough economic times is worth my time and effort to share with others!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.