GovLaunch – OpenGovernment.org Starts With 5 States

Home Forums Technology GovLaunch – OpenGovernment.org Starts With 5 States

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Moore 6 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Stephen Peteritas
    Participant

This morning state government just got a little more open. OpenGovernment.org a spin off of OpenCongress.org went live creating a citizens to learn about pending legislation and their legislators online.

The site currently has 5 states on the site and Maryland is one of the them for all your DC area peeps out there.

The site contains breakdowns of pending bills and potential votes. It has maps, message boards and my personal favorite the “follow the money” feature. This is a pretty cool site and I can’t personally wait until they expand to all 50 states.

Go check out the site and then get back to us on features you’d like to see them roll out to increase the awesomeness.

David Moore
    Participant

Hi Stephen, David with OpenGovernment here. Thanks for the mention – we look forward to rolling out OG to all 50 state legislatures and major cities over the next year. We’re seeking non-profit funding support, so if anyone reading wants to accelerate our ability to bring a version of OG to their area, contact me anytime for more info & how we can reach out to partner orgs. & foundation funders together: david at ppolitics d0t org. Let us know what you think of this beta version!

Rob Richards
    Participant

RT @ppolitics Today, to coincide w/ , we launched our sixth state on : Minnesota. Screenshots & links:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.