GSA is looking for a Dynamic Individual to Manage Diverse Business Lines in the Pacific Rim Region (office location is San Francisco)

Home Forums Job Openings GSA is looking for a Dynamic Individual to Manage Diverse Business Lines in the Pacific Rim Region (office location is San Francisco)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Sylvonia Poole 8 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Mary Davie
    Participant

The U.S. General Services Administration is recruiting for the Senior Executive Service (SES) position of Regional Commissioner for the Federal Acquisition Service (FAS), located in the Pacific Rim Region in San Francisco, CA. It is an exciting time to join us as we undertake new challenges and expand our mission in support of key goals of the Administration, including Sustainability, Open Government, Acquisition Reform, the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA), and Workplace Flexibility.

The Regional Commissioner for FAS in the Pacific Rim Region provides executive leadership, management, planning and coordination for all business lines and activities of the regional FAS office. FAS is an international organization that manages the largest, most diverse and innovative federal marketplace in the world with a special emphasis on sustainability, bringing hundreds of thousands of federal customers together with more than 10,000 contractors, enabling Federal agencies to accomplish their missions in the safest, most efficient, and most economical manner. The total business volume for FAS in Fiscal Year (FY) 2008 was $50 billion, and it exceeded $52 billion for FY 2009. The Regional Commissioner’s area of responsibility includes the entire Pacific Rim Region – California, Arizona, Nevada, Hawaii, Guam, US Trust Territories, Japan, and Korea.

Please share this message with executives you know who may be interested in applying their technical and leadership expertise in an innovative, highly agile, and customer-focused organization.

Please click here to

review the vacancy announcement (#10110111) for more details about the Regional Commissioner position and specific instructions on how to apply.

Interested candidates should submit a:

1. Resume or Optional Application for Federal Employment (OF-612), and a

2. Narrative statement addressing the 4 Mandatory Technical Competencies and the 5 Executive Core Qualifications.

Applications must be received by the closing date of September 27, 2010 via one of the following methods:

1. Email to [email protected]

2. Fax to (202) 219-0982

3. Hand-delivered or mailed to the address below. Please note that GSA is currently experiencing delays with U.S. Postal Service mail due to anthrax decontamination processes. If applicants choose to mail applications, we strongly encourage the use of an overnight courier to ensure delivery on or before the closing date.

Mailing Address:

U.S. General Services Administration

Office of the Chief People Officer

Office of Executive Resources (CX)

1800 F Street, NW, Room 6242

Washington, DC 20405

Sylvonia Poole
    Participant

Hi Mrs. Davie,

I hope to become a director one day. But currently, I am a financial/Budget analyst at a DoD facility at the GS-11 (looking for a promotion) level. I met you at the 1st ever GovUPs! event in DC in August. I asked you to speak at my agency concerning finance, the president’s budget, or something in the financial areana and government. Do you have any suggestions on contacts if you are not available?

Thanks

Sylvonia Poole

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.