Has the recent Twitter scandal affected you/your organization’s use of social media?

Home Forums Acquisitions Has the recent Twitter scandal affected you/your organization’s use of social media?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Stephanie Slade 7 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

If so, how?

Stephanie Slade
    Participant

Which scandal? The Anthony Weiner photo ordeal?

Yes…just trying to focus on the issue not the person. Hi Stephanie!

Susan parker
    Participant

Not yet; let’s hope people realize it’s the message not the medium. These scandals took place long before Twitter and the intertubes.

Elliot Volkman
    Participant

Nothing from the government contracting side as far as I can tell yet. Just a lot of funny headlines.

Stephanie Slade
    Participant

Hi! My answer is: I hope not. Careless/stupid people will always find ways to embarrass themselves. Just because this time it happened on Twitter doesn’t make it Twitter’s fault. If you took away the tool, they’d just do it via text (a certain former quarterback comes to mind) or think up new and creative ways as yet unheard of.

robert bornhofen
    Participant

Isn’t there a national election year? This is politics at its worst. Like any tool, it is subject to one’s behavior and should be governed/enforced by written policy. Onward social media!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.