Have You Overcome Obstacles to Rotations?

Home Forums Human Resources Have You Overcome Obstacles to Rotations?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Steve Cottle 5 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Steve Cottle
    Participant

I was listening to Chris Dorobek’s great interview with Bill Eggers on the DorobekInsider today (https://www.govloop.com/profiles/blogs/disruptive-tech-using-the-netflix-model-in-government-and-you-ll-) and was excited to hear Bill discuss the idea of moving to a cloud workforce model (Fed Cloud) in the federal government.

One of the ideas behind Fed Cloud is the ability of employees to rotate seamlessly between roles and agencies. When I was researching the topic a few months back, I heard a lot about people who were eager to rotate in order to pursue their interests or develop their skills, but were unable to do so, due to managers who were unwilling to let them go or burdensome processes for inter-agency details. I’d love to hear from folks who actually were able to make a rotation happen and could provide tips for others seeking to do the same.

Have you successfully tried to rotate to another part of your agency or to a different agency? What were the obstacles you faced and how did you overcome them?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.