September 4, 2009 at 7:02 pm #79678
Computech, a rapidly growing information technology consulting firm, works with government agencies, large corporations, and major associations to develop sophisticated technical solutions. We are looking for talented professionals to join our dynamic team and share in our growth. We offer unique challenges and comprehensive benefits.
The Web Application Developer will be part of a team working directly with our client and other contractor staff developing applications in a fast-paced environment with frequent production deployments.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must be US citizens.
* Build and maintain Ruby on Rails web applications
* Support product migration to various environments
* Participate and support platform upgrades
* Participate in design and architecture reviews of new applications and major system enhancements
* Follow standard software development life cycle processes and participate in code reviews, building and executing unit test plans, and software packaging and deployment
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
* 5+ years experience web application development
* Minimum 2 years experience using Ruby/Rails in a production UNIX/LINUX environment
* Ability to work on a very technical team who have deep knowledge of UNIX/LINUX, Ruby, Rails, SQL
* Demonstrated thorough knowledge of the Ruby language and Ruby on Rails framework (to include details of ActiveRecord, ActiveResource etc)
* Demonstrate thorough knowledge of SQL
* Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
* Must have ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
* Must have the ability to work as part of a team and independently
* Must be self-motivated, proactive in communicating progress and issues, able to manage time effectively to meet deadlines and prioritize workload.
Experience with the following technologies is a plus.
* Knowledge of Selenium
* Rails plugin ActiveScaffold
* Creating RESTful web services
* Developing Rails applications with a DB2 backend
* Test Driven Development within a Rails environment
Applicants MUST be U.S. citizens and able to pass a government background investigation and drug test.
This position is located in a Metro-accessible DC location. For immediate consideration please submit your resume via our employment page. No relocation assistance available. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Computech is a drug free workplace and an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.