Holiday Shopping Nightmare? Feel Free to Vent!

Home Forums Miscellaneous Holiday Shopping Nightmare? Feel Free to Vent!

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Steve Ressler 7 years ago.

• Author

Dr. GovLoop

HP, one of GovLoop’s premiere partners in 2010, is in the giving spirit!

During this holiday season be sure to check out all the great HP products and utilize their GovGoodies Discount.

How is your chance to dive into the giving spirit and tell us your shopping stories. First, let us know how you’re doing your Holiday Shopping (all responses remain anonymous):

Need to vent about a crazy shopping experience or share an inspiring story — let us know and let it out!

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

I’ve moved most of my shopping to online as it lets me beat the crowds…plus I can get more interesting gifts.

Growing up, it would be 12/23 or 12/24 and my father and I would make that last trip to the mall to make sure we got something from everyone. Often times that was in a crazy snow storm

Shannon Kennedy
    Participant

My non-Christmas shopping experiences in both Georgetown and Tyson’s Corner, Virginia have led me to online shopping this Christmas season. I’ve bought all of my gifts online so far and have received great deals. A lot of sites have free ground shipping right now and most guarantee delivery by Christmas if you are shopping now! Amazon.com is a tried and true favorite of mine for Christmas shopping. Great selection, free super saver shipping, and great prices!

Megan Dotson
    Keymaster

I have done all of my holiday shopping online. I attempted to go to Target for non-holiday buying and found myself wishing I never walked into the store. I’ve noticed that people tend to pick up things and throw them 8 aisles down or leave their cart in front of all the items you need to reach for without much remorse.

Megan Dotson
    Keymaster

I came across this article on CNN: “Holiday Shopping Goes Mobile, Social

I use the scanner app and receive the Groupon and Living Social emails but failed to think about applying them to holiday shopping. Have you gone mobile with your holiday shopping?

Jenyfer Johnson
    Participant

I’ve done almost all my shopping online mostly on Amazon, but a few from Ebay and Walmart. I did have to pick up some money cards and ornaments from the Hallmark store in the mall but that was an in-and-out trip only!!

I told all my neices, nephews and grand-children it will be a card with money this year because I can’t keep up with what everyone likes and it’s a tough year for everyone so don’t be expecting a HUGE amount. I just finished putting my son through his culinary program and I can’t afford as much this year. My brother’s will all be getting banana bread, fudge, pecan candy and rum balls; it won’t be alot but homemade is always from the heart!!!

Stephen Peteritas
    Participant

Maybe it’s because I was just in NYC but I was reminded this morning about how much I hate crowds of people all trying to do the same thing. Thank God I do most of my shopping online these days.

Brenda Price
    Participant

I try to buy local to support the independant store owners and artists/artisans. That means I’m buying and putting stuff away all year long for Christmas presents. It isn’t as much fun as a huge holiday shopping trip, but it’s a lot easier to pay cash when you don’t have to pay all at once.

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

I got some random stuff this year from Woot, Gilt Group, and Groupon as gifts for folks

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.