How Are You Saving Money At Your Agency?

Home Forums Acquisitions How Are You Saving Money At Your Agency?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Terrence Hill 7 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Jaime Gracia
    Participant

The Office of Management and Budget recently issued a memo calling for more savings, specifically looking at travel, conferences, and fleet management.

However, it is really incumbent on agencies to find ways to save money through consolidation, eliminating redundancy, and being innovative in ways to manage and award contracts.

Questions:

What are you doing at your agency to save money?

What innovative contract award or management techniques have you used to help save money?

What are industry partners doing to help the government save money?

Terrence Hill
    Participant

I use web-casting technology to hold virtually all meetings virtually. No more taxis across town to wasted time going to or coming from meetings. No more expensive conference rooms! Eventually, I’d like to see 1/2 of our office space go away.

Jaime Gracia
    Participant

Terrence – Is telework policy at your office, or perhaps that is something your organization is working on implementing?

Kevin Schafer
    Participant

Q; What are you doing at your agency to save THEM money?

A: Getting suspended for a week without pay… 🙂

Terrence Hill
    Participant

Yes – All Federal agencies are encouraging telework as much as physically possible. Real estate savings and sustainability are real drivers for this.

Terrence Hill
    Participant

I’d recommend voluntary furloughs (e.g. sabatticals/LWOP) as a more positive alternative to suspension. Don’t want to advocate that people get suspended to save the government money.

Sterling Whitehead
    Participant

I use Remember The Milk to integrate my personal and professional tasks so that I’m never caught off caught. This also means I finally stopped using Google and Outlook Calendars with the exception of having meetings arranged. It’s skyrocketed my efficiency.

Jaime Gracia
    Participant

Seems severe???

Shelley Temkin
    Participant

Smarter procurement can achieve savings. Hold your next pre-bid meeting via webinar at no cost to your Agency. Green Proposals will:

• Manage the entire pre-bid meeting process including operator assistance,
    • provide everyone with a audio/video copy,
    • include a “legible” sign-in sheet
    • Option to “lock” meeting doors at a pre-determined time to make sure no one “walks in” late
    • capture all questions/comments via chat so there is no need for anyone to take notes
    • Cut and paste chat questions into addendum document.

Contractors welcome the chance to participate without the added costs of travel and time away from the office. They pay us a nominal fee of $79 and all they need to do is login and dial-in. Green Proposals will take you through the process from personalized meeting notifications to the distribution of replay and any reports. http://www.linkedin.com/in/greenproposals

Jaime Gracia
    Participant

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.