How Are You Using LinkedIn for Your Government Recruitment Activities?

Home Forums Human Resources How Are You Using LinkedIn for Your Government Recruitment Activities?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dave Shaut 7 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

I’ve been having some conversations with government recruiters lately to learn about the tools they use for identifying and snagging top-notch talent. I keep hearing the same thing:

“LinkedIn is the best by far.”

In fact, someone was so excited about LinkedIn’s recruitment tools that she suggested we do a screen share and gave me a quick demo of Recruiter‘s capabilities. From being able to search the entire database of LinkedIn membership to tagging people for follow-up to sharing profiles with hiring managers, it seemed like a pretty robust solution.

But it also seemed like a solution for someone who was being pretty proactive about their search process…so I’m guessing you use it in one of two ways:

1) Passive: You post your vacancies there and maybe you run some ads, but mostly you are waiting for candidates to come to you.

2) Active: You are somewhat aggressively searching for candidates to fill open positions – and that could include everything from keyword searches to purchasing and using a tool like Recruiter to reach out to good fits.

How are you using LinkedIn to find talent?

Dave Shaut
    Participant

I’ve been having the same sorts of conversations, so I started a LinkedIn group as a resource:

http://www.linkedin.com/groups/US-Federal-Recruiter-Social-Media-4488983?trk=myg_ugrp_ovr

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.